Compliance Interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance Interview

ste1965
ste1965 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Out off the blue i received a letter saying they are reviewing my benefits and circumstances i have no idea why.
Ive gone on Turn2us and i am getting the correct money, do you think i should be worried about this letter because i cant think or find anything ive done wrong. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sometimes they do random checks to check you're claiming what you should be. Or it could be that you've been reported by someone for something. If it's this and you've done nothing wrong you have no reason to worry, easier said than done i know.

Ring the number on the letter first thing Monday morning and they may tell you what it's about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ste1965
    Thanks Poppy for your reply :) ive just thought do you think it might be because i lost my current account card a few months ago and never got it replaced as i always transfer my money online into my savers account and draw it out at the cash machine, do you think they might have seen this and are wondering whats going on?. 
    The letter does ask me to bring my most recent bank statement.
  • poppy123456
    I highly doubt it will be because of that, unless they don't know you have the saving account and you have more than £6,000 in savings.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ste1965
    Ive rung them this morning and im shocked and very upset :( my wife died a few years ago but on my social media it still says im married in my eyes and heart i still am married to my late wife.
    To cut a long story short someone has reported that im married and not single :( so be warned people some people out there are sick enough to try and turn your world upside down, we live in a very sad world :(.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    @ste1965, I'm so sorry to read this. Compliance interviews are awful at the best of times but given the circumstances that must be really difficult. Now you know what it's for, they'll be looking for evidence that you're not living with someone. Best of luck and if we can do anything to support you please don't hesitate to ask.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ste1965
    Thank you Adrian they can come knock everyone of my neighbours doors for all i care everyone knows im single with just my 2 daughters living with me and i will never remove the fact i still consider myself to be married she was my wife and always will be.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    ste1965 said:
    Thank you Adrian they can come knock everyone of my neighbours doors for all i care everyone knows im single with just my 2 daughters living with me and i will never remove the fact i still consider myself to be married she was my wife and always will be.

Bless you xxxxx
  • poppy123456
    That's terrible and i'm sorry to hear that someone has reported you for this. Just goes to prove that people really should mind their own business. Just take the evidence with you for the interview and they will soon see that you don't live with anyone but your daughters.
  • ste1965
    Thank you pollyann and Poppy we all live in a very sad world :(
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's completely understandable @ste1965 and you definitely don't need to change your Facebook status! Best of luck with the interview, please let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ste1965
    Thank you all ive had my interview and by the time i had finished talking i could see tears in the compliance officers eyes and i got an apology :smile:.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ste1965, I really hope the interview wasn't too intense for you, I'm glad they apologised and no further meetings have to take place. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I`m sorry it has caused you so much grief, but I`m glad it`s sorted now.
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I am also glad it's over and you got treated right in the end. I live with my ex and we have 2 children so figured it was best to co parent, which we do just fine (not fair on them otherwise) but we have separate UC claims and i have my PIP - our son is also Disabled and gets DLA and She gets carers allowance. Anyway we have had the DWP sit in our house and then go to each room to make sure we were not lying to them - I know it's so evasive and personal. 

No one around here would dare report us - we only have 2 neighbours and they are both active drug dealers.. they have more to lose than I do!

Good luck to them reading anything on my Facebook, I am way way too personal to even entertain the thought of going on there. Never have and probably never will. 
  • Miss_Molly86
    Miss_Molly86 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited November 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Miss_Molly86, are you okay?
    Scope

Brightness