Issues with PIP decision (mental health) - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Issues with PIP decision (mental health)

Options
13»

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the posts. I think I will go ahead with it. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @66Mustang   Please if I can suggest contact the link I provided for you regarding mental health.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

They will first help you with any benefit issues. Even put a report in with the Form or even attend with your assessment.

I apologise if they are not in your area.

You could contact MIND or any other mental health charity.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

Often worth consider speaking to a mental health charity does help with looking at everything.  Including your well being and health plus lots of other things.

I had a situation reassessed constantly every 18 months to two years. Every time either fit to work, sign on the around again another assessment. Not fit to work over a long period.

They intervened the charity I used as it was not helping me mentally. Sent a letter in.  Not saying this is not going to happen to you but thanks to them and using a lot of what I learnt.

A reason I put on the forum a lots of knowledge on mental health.

Please may I add always appeal any decision I know been a lot of negativity around assessments and tribunals.

We unfortunately as a community do not hear many of the positive stories we need to.  They are out there and I wish you the best on a positive outcome.

To give you reassurance and confidence it is important that you get any support and advice, guidance with any benefit problems.

I do not have floating support now and have used CAB a lot . Have been great to use.

Please if I can help with any thing. Please ask always supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Thank you very much for the post thespiceman.

Sadly it looks like the Richmond Fellowship only have an employment service in my area but I am hoping to get into employment in the future so I will bear them in mind when I am ready to do this.

I have used MIND in the past and found them quite helpful. It is good to know they can help with benefits. I haven’t used the CAB before. 

I understand what you say about the positive / negative balance on the forum. It happens on car forums too where you mostly only hear from people with problems as people who have a working car have no reason to post! I will certainly post back if I get a good result, though!
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @66Mustang   Thank you for reply. I was not sure if they operated in your area Richmond Fellowship.

Sorry if that is the case although you mentioned an employment service that is good to know.

I know since I left the for mentioned charity lots of the branches have been closed.

I am aware that MIND might be useful then.

I just one of the community champions who has care and concern for any one going through the assessment system.

Given I have been there  myself and probably still will be until end of time.

I hope you can find some support and do know can be beneficial to you if you find some one to help you.

Regarding benefits . Can be complex and confusing.

Wish you well and hope please ask if we can advise, wanting to know anything.

Be supportive any time get in touch. Your not alone.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Many thanks, I really appreciate your help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem at all @66Mustang, we're always happy to help. :)
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Letters and evidence sent off. Now all I can do is wait :neutral:
    I am liking this forum. How long has it been going? I applied for PIP 3 years ago and didn’t come across it when I was researching back then.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good @66Mustang! Fingers crossed for you! The forum has been running for a few years, but has recently started to grow a lot more. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.