Needing Help! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Needing Help!

Options
Irving123
Irving123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I recently applied for pip my mental health is serious am on tablets a see a therapist and a doctor all the time and am also in contact with the crisis team I have just received my final letter my therapist requested that I seen a woman and that I have a home assessment I had the home assessment but they ignored her request for a woman and it was for serious reasons what was said in the assessment by my partner as I could not cope and what the letter says are to completely different things he’s missed out basically everything I’ve said and said a few things that make me look like am perfectly fringe but in reality am far from that I rang them up for a reconsideration and explained it was all wrong and mentioned what has happened but all I go told was that they would send it off but the one that is wrong and full of lies I need help on what to do at this point as the letter is fake basically and I need to get what I said across to them so they can see am far from that. Thank You 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,225 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Have you received a decision or is that just the assessment report you've seen?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Irving123
    Options
    Decision am not getting anything as what the assessment person said made me look like am fine 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Having re-read that i see you've received the final letter so will assume you mean the decision letter?

If so then you now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. Any extra evidence you have should be sent with the letter to support your claim.

Do remember that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so it's likely you have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Waiting times for hearings are huge in most areas across the country and you could be waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Irving123
    Options
    I’ve done the Mandatory Reconsideration I explained on the the phone that it was all wrong that I said complete different things to what he said and that what he has put in is lies and all said was we will send it off and that was it but it didn’t solve anything it’s still all wrong what the assessment person put down so it still looks like am perfectly fine I don’t know if I should ring back tomorrow and say that I didn’t get to say what parts were wrong and why and that I want too I don’t know what to do 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi @Irving123 Please, please be guided by the information you have received from @poppy123456 & the links she provided as she knows so much about benefits. This is the best way to do a Mandatory Reconsideration....& definitely in writing. Please consider this, rather than ringing back again.

Despite you feeling that the assessor didn't accurately report your condition & how it affects you, you need to 'let go' about that, & better describe your problems so that the next Decision Maker better understands the problems you're facing. Many of us have been there, & found this the only approach.
  • Irving123
    Options
    So do you think I should ring back about it though and say I need to give me problems across as I wasn’t able to the first time 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You definitely need to put your request in writing. Concentrating on the lies that were told in the report isn't going to help you. If it gets to Tribunal, concentrating on the lies could harm your case because they won't appreciate you doing that. All they will be interested in is where and why you should have scored those points, as i previously advised in my other comment.

A poorly presented case often leads to refusal. If you don't understand what you need to do then need to get some face to face advice from an agency near you. This link will help you find what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.