PIP claim at tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim at tribunal

picochew
picochew Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi , I'm new to all this, so , not sure how to go about this. Last year (2018. )  I was diagnosed with a benign meningioma that is on my brainstem, I applied for pip as soon as I found out I could. Having had a face - face with whom I presumed was a person who new what they where talking about, then went on their merry little way, few weeks later recieved my results and guess what? , yep you have all got it, my score was a whopping. 2 , and thats only because I am going deaf. Now after all the usual appeals it's gone to a tribunal, tha has6taken almost 12. months to come through, I will keep one and all informed of how it goes, now thats all said, thank you6for listening

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you appearing in person for your hearing? This will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. You can take someone with you on the day but you will need to answer all those questions yourself, unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to answer for you.

Please do remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

During the hearing the Tribunal will only take into consideration what your condition was like at the time the original decision was made, this means that any worsening of condition will not be considered.

Have you send your written submission? This should include where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Tribunals always refer to what you  put down on your PIP2 form that is why it is the most important form for you to relate your conditions with carrying out the descriptors get this wrong you face an uphill battle to get justice
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    markyboy said:
    Tribunals always refer to what you  put down on your PIP2 form that is why it is the most important form for you to relate your conditions with carrying out the descriptors get this wrong you face an uphill battle to get justice
    Not correct sorry. HMCTS look at everything you send them, which includes evidence, PIP2, assessment report etc etc.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Good luck. The only thing I can say that may be of some help is to say it as it is. When they ask a question,state how your condition affects you and why you can't do what it is that they are asking you. Give some examples. Keep to the details and try not to go off point. I know I'll find that hard as I have a habit of wittering on when I get nervous and completely stray off point. Do you have a cpn,occupational therapist,social worker, someone from the CAB to go with you? Or a family member for moral support? Remember,you can do this. You've had a long wait with tons of stress to add to your conditions as well. Stay strong. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.