Esa an uc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa an uc

hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
What’s Better universal credit or staying on esa income support  as I have mental health issue an don’t want it affecting me as payments can be sanctioned 

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Hello20 I'm on ESA and I wouldn't want to move to UC? As I or we don't know your reason why you would want to move to UC, are you in the Support Group of ESA or WRAG.

My reason is I'm on PIP and SDP so I'm better off staying on ESA.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• hello20
    They said I have change of circumstance esa needs to be closed need claim uc I’m worried as I have a disability it’s affecting me thinking about it as I’m in support group uc said they will need to re assasement but I just been awarded support group in June for esa
    @hello20 seems a little odd you was placed in the ESA SG in June now want you to go on UC.

Firstly have they sent you another ESA50 or a UC50 form to fill out again?

Or

Did you report a Change of Circumstances.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

@hello20 I've just seen this on your profile, you want to get back with your Partner.

To me now it defo looks like you will have to go on a joint claim whether it be your or her claim as a couple. So the answer is you will now have to claim UC. But as your in the Support Group of ESA you should get that moved over to a UC claim, just make sure you tell the DWP you had been put into the SG in June 2019 it should then be moved to the UC claim. 

Remember if they the DWP fail to move that SG award over you may then have to look for wok until after another assessment under UC. That form will be called a UC50 that will only happen if they fail to transfer you ESA SG over.

As When you left her you was classed as single claimant and therefore on your ESA. Now you want to move in again you are classed as a couple.

Hope this clarifies what you needed to know. Let us know how you get on.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You will need to claim UC as a couple and your ESA support group award will be honoured in UC. If it isn't then you will need to ask your case manager to send to MPG1 form and this will give them the information they need.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Can someone advise my partners uc claim first 3 weeks are single 4th week she reported the change living as a couple will they take in account that months esa he got paid an deduct the whole months payment of my partners uc account or will they only take in account the 4th  week of my esa an deduct it off her payment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    It starts from when you applied for UC as a couple. The last payment day for your ESA will be the day before you applied for UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @hello20. Any money (overlapping benefits such as ESA or wages) paid to the couple within the assessment period will be counted. So even though your partner received the ESA before you joined claims, it'll still be counted if they were paid it within the assessment period. 
    For example, if your assessment period is 1-30 September and you add your partner on 20th September, any ESA they received between 1-30, even if it's before 20th September, will be included in the calculation. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.