Can I get backdated money? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get backdated money?

nannie234
nannie234 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
hello not very good on theses sites carnt work out which one to post on hubby was on ib then put on esa had form sent back had phone call today asking few more questions she then said be few weeks they will send that's owed but been all over net just carnt work out what they owe us in 2013 to 2014 he got 110  week was on high dla for care and mobility I was on high mobility lower care I got cares for him  was told to get income support top up of 29 a week he was 45 yr old at time as well can any one help me work out what he should of got please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, 

whether he’s owed any backdated money will depend on circumstances during that time. Not everyone is owed money, some are and some aren’t. Unfortunately you will need to wait for DWP to assess him and once they have they will send a decision letter. Decision waiting times are between 12-20 weeks. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I answered your other thread but then realised that you claimed Income support and carers allowance during that time. This means that it’s very unlikely he will be owed any backdated money but he will still need to wait for a decision to be made, which can take 12-20 weeks . 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited October 2019
    Hello @nannie234. It's probably too soon but I wondered if you've heard any more from them?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • nannie234
    nannie234 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    hi sorry all i know its late answering back yes sorted within few weeks back dated it for 5 months thankyou for all help 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.