Tribunal pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal pip

Options
xxjoxx
xxjoxx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all my sons pip stopped we appealled and they rejected it again so we are going to court dwp have sent there response and today i got a text from pip to say send evidence in so they have time to read ot. Kve sent in years worth of doctors notes appoinment something from councillor what else should i send in please. Does anyone know the rough waiting time for essex area many thanks jo

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @xxjoxx, hello and welcome, as you know PIP is awarded on your son's abilities to preform the PIP descriptiors in a repeatable, safely and in a timely manner, it is not awarded on a diagnosis, illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking. You must focus and concentrate on the descriptiors and not your sons disability diagnosis. 
  • xxjoxx
    xxjoxx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    @wilko thanks for your reply ok it says someone that lives with him to write a report ill write how it affects his life ect. Many thanks for you help. Hopefully wont be to long till the hearing
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @xxjoxx, I am sorry to hear this. Is this a tribunal date that you are waiting for? Unfortunately these can take around 12 months, but it does depend on the backlog in your area.

It is important to have evidence that shows how your son's condition affects him. Having a diary of daily events is a good way to show this.
    Scope

• Pobbins12
    Pobbins12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello @xxjoxx if its a tribunal date you are waiting for you may be in for a lengyhly wait unfortunately. My daughter was asked to apply for pip as she was on DLA, we did this and unfortunately was turned down so to was our mandatory consideration.  It was an 18 month wait for us between submitting the paper work to take it to tribunal to actually having our case heard this month. It was worth the wait as she was awarded for three years and back dated but the process is tough going. We are down in Kent. Good luck xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I hope you're not waiting too long @xxjoxx and best of luck with the tribunal. 

Really pleased your daughter's appeal was successful @Pobbins12! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Pobbins12 and that's great! :)
    Scope

• Pobbins12
    Pobbins12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.