dwp and pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dwp and pip

Options
colon1970
colon1970 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
i had my assessment for pip waited few months for decision the come back and said im only entitled to standard daily living so i did a mandatory reconsideration but lost that to so i got my doctor to help with a letter and went for an appeal  waited nearly a month and received a text today saying dwp have told the court they have changed there decision about my entitlement  and its in my favor but that is all i know i dont no if they are going to give me just standard disability now or enhanced so confused. i also wondered what made them change there mind before i was going to tribunal and how long now will i have to wait for all my backdated payment as been waiting months for this to be sorted out.

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I`ve read this before, where the DWP and jump in with offers before tribunal date. I guess they must know they`d lose. I can see your confusion. I think you`ll need to ring and ask.
  • colon1970
    Options
    ok thanks seems odd because i would of thought it would of gone all the way to the tribunal after loosing with the mandatory reconsideration
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ colon1970, hello and welcome as the previous post sujests phone the DWP and ask for an explanation of what happens now about your award. It maybe just waiting for the paperwork to be processed. While on the phone if you have not done so already request a copy of your assessment report. 
  • colon1970
    Options
    Thank you to both of you for your comments helpful.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @colon1970 and a warm welcome to the community! Like others have said, this does happen. In terms of what rate you have been give, I would suggest ringing up. I hope you are happy with the decision and can now relax. :)
    Scope

• colon1970
    Options
    Aww bless thank you chloe. Thank you
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    No problem at all @colon1970!
    Scope

• colon1970
    Options
    Hi all I've just called pip and i am very disappointed oi have change my award from standard daily living allowance to enhanced and given me standard disability where as before I was not awarded which does not help me as the reason i wanted to appeal was because i was not awarded enhanced for both which is stopping me from getting mobility scooter or vehicle.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're still not happy with the award then you have 1 month to request the Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour but do be aware that waiting times for most areas are huge and some are waiting in excess of 1 year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • colon1970
    Options
    Thanks for your reply poppy so I can apply again to the tribunal I wish they let it go to the tribunal this time instead of giving me a decision. As decision I got was not what I was hoping.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this and I understand your frustrations around the mobility component. I hope Poppy's advice has been helpful. 
    Scope

• colon1970
    Options
    It has and I appreciate everyone with there comments.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    colon1970 said:
    Thanks for your reply poppy so I can apply again to the tribunal I wish they let it go to the tribunal this time instead of giving me a decision. As decision I got was not what I was hoping.
    I just read you first comment again and realised that you already appealed to the Tribunal but DWP awarded you before the hearing. May i ask if DWP contacted you to offer you this award or was it done through the Tribunal? Sorry but i'm just a little confused, if you were awarded by DWP they must have contacted you to offer you this?

Has the Tribunal been canceled?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • colon1970
    Options
    I had a case open with the tribunal dwp had till 30 October to make a response they made a response but I did not see it only the tribunal the tribunal then closed my case as the decision went in my favour but in my mind not to my satisfaction 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It maybe that the Tribunal agreed with DWP that the award offered is correct, which could mean they don't think you're entitled to Enhanced mobility. Whether you are or not will depend how your conditions affect you and which part you're claiming for, following and planning a journey or moving around part.

I think face to face advice is needed here and you should speak to an advice agency near you.
  • colon1970
    Options
    Thank you poppy for advice.?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.