Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

pinkangeltiger
pinkangeltiger Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hello I am struggling to get pips because I have maths and English at c and I can drive. This was  a couple years ago since then my  condition  hasgot worse so I don't drive any more and I can't do or remember maths and English coz my condition has got worse. But because I have it they wont give me anything. Is there any point in fighting it and going to tribunal. I am desperate 
Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A PIP awarded isn't based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. It really depends on how your conditions affect you and no one can tell you whether or not you should be awarded.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) if that fails and most do then it's Tribunal after that.

The MR should be put in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

This link will help you understand the PIP descriptors and criteria more.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @pinkangeltiger said 'I am struggling to get pips because I have maths and English at c and I can drive'

Pinkangeltiger - I can drive, have Maths and English (a long time ago!) and claim PIP so that's probably not the reason that you were turned down.

As Poppy says have a look at the descriptors so that you know accurately what you is required and then give a couple of examples of what you can't do, what hep you need etc.

Good luck....
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Hi @pinkangeltiger and welcome to this community  :)

What reasons did they give for not awarding PIP (if that's not too personal a question) 
  • pinkangeltiger
    Hi @paffuto10 I got the lowest money possible but won't given me more points because math and english and driving. Tho I can't do it now. I don't drive now.
    I gave them everything I have.
  • poppy123456
    You said you're struggling to get PIP but then say you got the lowest money possible, sorry but i'm confused. Do you currently have a PIP award or were you refused completely?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pinkangeltiger
    Sorry I find it hard to write what I need down  havand Ito ewrite everything down. I get something but for not the major things I need it for, like what I am entitled. Do you know what this was a mistake I am sorry for wasting your time.
  • paffuto10
    @pinkangeltiger

Please don't leave, we're here for you. Just trying to understand what's happening. x
  • paffuto10
     @pinkangeltiger

I'm quite new too and you can get a lot of support on this forum. 
  • pinkangeltiger
    Please delete forum I want to start a new forum where I can make sure I put all the right information is on and then me and everyone, can stop being  confused. I have never made a forum before so I want to start again so I get it right. Don't worry I will start I new forum ?
  • paffuto10
    Good on ya @pinkangeltiger :)

Sorry we're not understanding very well. 

• pinkangeltiger
    It's not your fault it's mine for not being clear but starting a new one will help everyone in the long run thank you..
    Please delete forum 
  • paffuto10
    @pinkangeltiger

Sorry, quite new myself so don't know if you can delete this discussion. But you can start a new one under "new discussion" 

Off to bed now because I've "chatted" so much on here today, I have given myself headache.  :D

Good night pink angel, I will keep an eye out for you in other discussions. Have a look around, there's plenty of discussions and you might find one with similar issues to yourself. x
  • poppy123456
    There's no need to delete your thread, you can carry on with this one and start from the beginning again. If you can tell us what PIP award you have and when your award is due to end, if you have an award then we can advise you more.

As a community champion here on scope this forum is here to help you and i'm sure someone will answer any questions you have.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hi @pinkangeltiger - Please know you are not wasting anybody's time. This is a very safe & supportive place to be, & you don't have to apologize about anything.

People are just asking questions to better help you, that's all.
    Please just take your time, & try to answer them whenever you can, that's fine.

Might I ask if you have you had a PIP assessment, if so when was this? Was it a couple of years ago?
    It seems like things have got worse for you unfortunately. Is this what is making you feel that any award you did receive is now wrong?

Please know that you might have been asked about your education at an assessment as just a general query about you, but it would not affect any decision that was made. Perhaps the fact that you used to be able to drive might have affected a decision however.

So, have you been awarded a 'standard' or 'enhanced' rate for PIP? Was an award for the daily activities such as washing, dressing, making a meal, etc., or about the mobility part? If so, as you say your problems have worsened, you can ask any PIP award to be looked at again.

Others will be better able to advise you when you feel able to answer these questions. I do hope you are OK with that....you will get both advice & support.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.