PIP FACE TO FACE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP FACE TO FACE

Options
sdddave
sdddave Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Would like to add to the pip process. My face to face was set for 24/10/2019 1.15 pm, I live approx 1hr from where they wished to see me. 11.15 pm on the day they called to cancel my appointment not ideal as you can imagine we were organised and about to leave they went on to say we can see you at 3.15pm this was not possible due to commitments and had structured everything around the original time, our daughter was to help with the attendance and she has a son at school so needed to factor that in, they then went on to offer a new appointment 10.30 am Friday next day. i suggested this was not possible at short notice to get to the venue at that time "city centre location" and that here schools finish half day on a Friday meaning our daughter had commitments that would be difficult to organise at short notice. Up shot is they became very unpleasant and kept repeating the appointment times offered over and over despite my explanation that to attend needed a degree of organisation. I do wonder if this was part of the process to see how you respond? With the number of issues people have with this process it does make you wonder. The call ended with them now going contact me with a suitable appointment time, All seemed very odd almost to the point where it left me wondering if this was a scam call?..Will update in due course.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It wouldn't have been a scam call, for sure. Thankfully, they rang you before you left home because i've had an assessment canceled while i was on the way to the assessment centre. Unfortunately, sometimes things in life do happen and people do become ill and ring in sick for work. If this happens then yes an appointment will most likely be canceled.

Hopefully the next appointment won't be too long but do be aware that you only cancel an appointment once.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sdddave
    Options
    Yes I did gather that, and agree circumstances do mean things are sometimes outwith control, I have not cancelled any appointment, however interesting they may play that card? I also note that they clearly wish to hold the power, how many times can they cancel?..I wanted to add as best I could my experience, which frankly I felt was a tad weird, just my view.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When i mentioned canceling an appointment i never meant the one that was just canceled. I meant future appointments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sdddave
    Options
    No problem I did understand what you meant, as always 2 dimensional text can be misinterpreted as in "descriptors". I have found reading about the experience of others involved in this process helpful in hopefully understanding the system, and how best to present/represent yourself, hence posting what happened to me, giving others an insight into what to expect or not as the case may be.  Thank you for your kind words. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sdddave and a warm welcome to the community! I am glad Poppy has been able to provide some guidance here. If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know!
    Scope

• sdddave
    Options
    Thank you...update...just had a call to re-arrange a new appointment..interesting how they interpret conversations..apparently "I demanded a specific appointment time"..untrue I explained because of the distance i need to travel and the commitments of those that will help me attend, PM would work best for me?...1.30pm. it is then...How is it I feel my card is already marked?..
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad it is a suitable time @sdddave! You are entitled to this and I am sure it will have no bearing on the decision. :)
    Scope

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Options
    That's a nice, long award! Well done, one less thing to worry about for next 10 years! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.