Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Taniat73
Taniat73 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
hi hi and thanks for the add 
I have a tribunal on 12/11/19 and I have no representation. I’ve tried Dial with no success, has anyone had a tribunal for mobility allowance . I’d appreciate any tips and what to expect 

Comments

• WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Hi before being jettisoned by direct payments the County Council funded advocacy. 

Now the great bit about it was filling in forms and I also had a Key Worker. 

Citizens Advice may be able to refer you. 

Sadly I lost both of these when DWP threw me under a bus
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Taniat73 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Lots of members have various experiences of DWP and tribunals and so will be able to provide some information and guidance.  I wish you well for your tribunal!  Please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Taniat73
    Ails , I really need help, I’m panicking that I’m going to make a fool of myself .   I’d appreciate any help or advice . 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    I am sorry to hear you are panicking about your tribunal, @Taniat73.  I will tag in one of our members, @poppy123456, who is very good with DWP matters, and she may be able to assist you.  I am sure some other members of the Scope Team will have some ideas for you too.  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You can try putting your postcode into this link to see what's available local to you, https://advicelocal.uk/

Welfare rights or a law centre represent people at Tribunals. CAB rarely represent now because of lack of funding. If you're unable to find someone do you have a friend or family member that can attend with you?

Do be aware though that even with representation or a family member/friend you will still be expected to speak for yourself during your hearing. A rep won't know anything about your condition to be able to speak on your behalf, the best person to do this is yourself.

They are usually very understanding and if there's a question you don't understand ask them to repeat it. The Tribunal are total independent to DWP and the health assessment providers and are there to listen.

I'm afraid no one can tell you what questions you will be asked on the day, this will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. Do you currently have a daily living award?

May i ask if you've sent your submission letter yet? Any extra evidence you have should be sent to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing date. Lastly, don't forget you'll need to take your bundle with you on the day of the hearing.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Taniat73
    https://community.scope.org.uk/profile/poppy123456 Thank you so much for your reply . You’ve totally put my mind at rest . Can I print or save your reply please 
  • Taniat73
    It’s okay I’ve sorted it. The info on what to expect is fantastic. It sounds like I’m pretty well prepared. It’s good to know and has eased my mind. Anxiety got the best of me 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hello @Taniat73   Pleased to meet you .Welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties regarding your tribunal.   I hope you get a positive outcome.  You have come to the right place for information, advice and support.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

I am sure all the advice every one has given you a lot of confidence and reassurance.

Please if we can help with anything. Please get in touch.  Happy to be supportive.

Wish you well.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @Taniat73. Good luck with your tribunal.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.