Weather payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Weather payment

Options
robinhood8
robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello everyon hope all is well with you all. I just wanted to know no if somebody could give me some advice on this weather payment I have multiple arthritis also long life condition CP. I have to give up my full-time job due to my illness I just wanted to know if I'm entitled for weather payment which is due on the 1st of November2019 I am getting pip and also no ESA do I have to apply for it please can somebody give me some advice I'll be most appreciated thank you you Jacqueline

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @robinhood8 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Are you talking about the cold weather payment given by PIP?  If so, I get this given to me automatically by PIP and so don't have to apply.  Also not sure if you are talking about the Winter Warmth Payment which is given to British Gas customers?  Not sure if other utility companies do this as well.  I apply every year to British Gas for this and am currently waiting to hear if I have been successful or not.  I hope this helps.  If there is anything else we can help you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • robinhood8
    Options
    Thank you Ails, I'm on pip for two years not and I don't get this cold weatherpayment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi

For the cold weather payments which start from 1st November, it needs to be zero degrees celsius or below for 7 consecutive days. Whether you qualify will depend on your circumstances, if you do then you'll automatically receive a payment of £25 for each 7 day period.

PIP alone doesn't automatically qualify you. It will depend what other benefits, if any you're claiming.
    More information in link provided. https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robinhood8
    Options
    Thank you poppy hope your well
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @robinhood8   Please if I can suggest contact your energy company. You have to ask for it the Warm Front Grant.

Some like mine do send an Email.

Reminding you to apply. Understand if you suffering because of the cold having problems with bills, costs of heating.

Discuss this with your energy company. I know they have lots of consumer, debt advice and even options to help you spread your costs.

Remember your in control if they are not forth coming leave look at other options and choices.

I subscribe to WHICH magazine has the details, best deals on their website. You would need to apply become a member.

Has a link to switch straight away to your preferred  energy company.  If you wish to sign to a new one.

£10 a month subscription worth every penny.  Good consumer advice and much more.

Hope that helps. Please if I can help with anything else please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • robinhood8
    Options
    Thank you Spider-Man I really appreciate your advice
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @robinhood8.  Hope you get something sorted out.  Thanks @poppy123456 and @thespiceman for setting the record straight.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.