Tell me about your pets — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell me about your pets

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
I looked thru coffee lounge posts and couldn't see anything about animals/pets and I felt sure there would be something here. Maybe I missed it. I'll tell you the pets I have and maybe elaborate later. I am animal mad by the way :-)
I have dogs - one in the picture - various fish, and a bird. So not a lot currently, but I've had an assortment down the years.
Over to you.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I have one dog who is a very old Labrador who is going blind and deaf, he's called Dylan.
    We have four cats called Betty, Oscar, Mr Miyagi and Ethel.
    Last but not least, a tortoise called Terrence and a rabbit called Miffy! 
    Scope

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I currently have a cat named Christmas. I used to have pet fish at one point. 
  • Bettahm
    Nice little menagerie you have there Chloe! One of my dogs is blind and deaf. Shes 14yo. I have 5 altogether.

April2018mom, which fish? I've had loads but I bred killifish back in the 80's. Had 18 tanks in all at that point. Not all killifish, but 18 altogether.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Haha I know! My mum is a vet nurse and loves animals! Our dog is 14 too. :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a mischievious kitten called Shadow. I also get to borrow my son's Bedlington terrier called Stan. He's on my knee right now, & all is peaceful....at the moment!!
  • Bettahm
    Lol chiarieds! 4 of my dogs probably ok with cats. Not the other one! Hes a rescue, doesnt like other dogs (except his family) either. Doesnt like people much either, especially men. Tells his own story really, I assume he was regularly hit by a man. 
  • Bettahm
    Post some photos of your pets here if that's possible. I'm not really into computers, so dont know if it is.
  • Chloe_Scope
    If you click the photo icon (looks like a rectangle with a mountain and a sun) then this allows you to add photos @Franstrahan, I hope this helps :)
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Ok thanks. I dont have too many on this phone but will give it a try. Hoping some more people will post photos of their pets.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I am a huge poodle fan. My Sophie is a white toy girl. She`s 4 and she rules the roost!
    Before Soph we had Lucy, who lived to 16 and we had Poochi, who lived to 14. he was quite protective of me.

Before these 3 , we had Snowy and before her we had Pepi.

Sindy was a black female when I was 10.

So yeh, I`m a true poodle fan. Here`s a picky of our Soph. xx

Soph is with Willow, our daughter`s dog.
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    I had an elderly Greyhound that had to be put to sleep with cancer- he was my rock while I was trapped housebound- having him put down was worse than loss of family member almost.
    I have a 3 year old staffie cross now that I forced myself to walk as far as I could manage, I manage a mile with strategic toilet stops- we don’t manage a fast pace, so park for a run around.
    Dogs needs are simple and they are great company on a bad day.

mine sleeps on end of my bed, something I’m sure some will cringe at
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Ails said:
    I have a cat called Christy.  Previously have had 2 Dalmatian dogs, William and Oscar.  Here is Christy.  
    Not a cat person, but a cute and attentive cat you have there 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @WhileIBreathIHope for your nice comments.  I didn't used to be a cat person until we got her.  She has her moments of being a diva, lol!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Bettahm
    I am a huge poodle fan. My Sophie is a white toy girl. She`s 4 and she rules the roost!
    Before Soph we had Lucy, who lived to 16 and we had Poochi, who lived to 14. he was quite protective of me.

Before these 3 , we had Snowy and before her we had Pepi.

Sindy was a black female when I was 10.

So yeh, I`m a true poodle fan. Here`s a picky of our Soph. xx

Soph is with Willow, our daughter`s dog.
    pollyanna1052, thanks for posting the photo. Always have a problem getting mine to look at the camera like that! I'm a Tibetan Terrier fan and have owned TTs for over 20 years now. Currently have 4 and a Pomeranian cross. Have been around dogs all my life and never been without at least on.
  • Bettahm
  • Bettahm
    Whileibreathihope:
    All mine sleep on the bed. I know too that some people will not like that idea, but at least I know what they are up to and that they're ok. Amy comes under the duvet on cold nights...
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    the picture i use as an avatar is of my old cat suki she died last year at 19 yrs old.  she was so naughty and willful i just adored her. i had her from 6 wks old and i was distraught when she passed on. then in may, i adopted Mr buttons he was rescued after months on the street, hes 15 yrs old and was abandoned by his family who didn't want to pay his medical bills. i can't imagine how scared he was all alone outside during winter, cold and hungry. he must've suffered because he gets really anxious if his food bowl is empty.

he seems happy enough now. I hope he is, I hope im a good cat guardian for his twilight years. i dont know who hurt him but he's scared of men and hides under the sofa if the postman calls or a workman comes round. hes an adorable, gentle kitty. i will try to post a picture if i can get him to sit up and say "cheese"
  • Bettahm
    Hes lovely. He has landed on his feet finding you.mrbuttons said:
    here he is looking very serious and sad he has the most mournful eyes. But I just love him to bits

Brightness