Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


As my sons appointee his benefits are paid into a bank account just in my name  As his appointee would i be able to have his benefits paid into a joint account in both our names


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't see any reason why that can't be possible. When you report a change of bank account to DWP i would do this just after you receive his payment, then you can make sure there's enough of time for the next payment to be sent to the correct bank.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Take poppy's advice and leave enough time to allow the change of bank accounts to get onto the DWPs system, don't close or alter the current paying in account. 
Sign in or join us to comment.