Pip, 2 form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip, 2 form

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi had a letter saying my claim has been cancelled as they did not receive my paperwork in time. I have proof of postage on 28th of September but they have said it a day late it was to be in by October the 7th I don't see how it would be late do I need to ask for a MR 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm assuming this a is a PIP claim, if so is it a new claim or a review?

As you have proof of posting then i'd start by ringing DWP first thing Monday morning and ask to speak to a case manager. You need to tell them the date it was posted and also state you have proof it was posted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    It's a new claim and yes I have proof of posting on 28 th of September as I've saw you advise many times. It was due in on October 7th so I don't see why it could be late thanks @poppy123456
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Call them back on Monday. Citizen’s Advice can help you to contest the decision. Did you send the form by secure recorded delivery or not? When did you send off the forms? 
  • poppy123456
    Call them back on Monday. Citizen’s Advice can help you to contest the decision. Did you send the form by secure recorded delivery or not? When did you send off the forms? 
    Proof of posting was given when the forms were returned and as clearly mentioned by @Firefly123 the forms were posted on 28th September.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Firefly123
    Was told I had to apply for a MR as it was a day late even though I have proof I posted it on September 28 th said they will note on it that it was posted then and should have reached them in time.  And that a MR could take upto 10 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    Then you will need to request the MR and send the proof of posting evidence with the letter of request. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this.
  • Firefly123
    I did request it when I phoned they didn't say I had to send it in writing sent me this text so should I send a letter and the proof of posting @poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    I would trust DWP and i would always put the MR request in writing. After all, you have no idea if what was typed was exactly what you said. In writing always and keep a copy for yourself.
  • Firefly123
    Thank you I will do that tommow @poppy123456 x
  • Firefly123
    Got a letter today to say they have past it on to capita and will be in touch if I need a face-to-face which no doubt I probably will. I'm having to use a wheelchair atm as my muscles are so bad do I have to inform them of this as I really don't want to start all over as my claim started in the beginning of August and all my problems are still the same x
  • poppy123456
    No, you don't need to inform of that, you can just make them aware if a face to face assessment is needed. If you inform them of those changes by ringing DWP it will most likely prompt them to send more forms.
  • Firefly123
    Thank you @poppy123456 it's been long enough to get to this stage x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.