Waiting times — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting times

Rebecca4
Rebecca4 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, 
I had my f2f assessment on the 5th September, I then had a text on the 24th September from DWP saying they had received my written assessment followed by a letter on the 3rd October saying DWP had all the information needed to make a decision. Does anyone know how long I should be waiting now for a decision? Or how long did it take for yourselves? 
Thankyou.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Rebecca4,hello and welcome, the waiting time once the DWP inform you they have all the information is 8 to 10 weeks sometimes sooner or longer. Have you requested a copy of the assessment report?? On receiving it you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from DWP, keep us updated and keep posting. 
  • stephenjohn
    stephenjohn Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
        My wife had a f2f this week .....it was a big ordeal for her as she has N.E.S.S,and I.B.S and  fibromyalgia ,arrived at the centre for a 1 o’clock appointment....two hour delay ,then a two hour assessment......then she had a seizure and we left just after 5 30 .........the system is massively flawed ....we were told at least 12 weeks before we get any notification.........
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
        My wife had a f2f this week .....it was a big ordeal for her as she has N.E.S.S,and I.B.S and  fibromyalgia ,arrived at the centre for a 1 o’clock appointment....two hour delay ,then a two hour assessment......then she had a seizure and we left just after 5 30 .........the system is massively flawed ....we were told at least 12 weeks before we get any notification.........

What a traumatic situation for your wife. Totally unacceptable and inconsiderate of people`s ability to go that far beyond and appointment time. I hope she has recovered from her ordeal. Best wishes xx
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    @Rebecca4,hello and welcome, the waiting time once the DWP inform you they have all the information is 8 to 10 weeks sometimes sooner or longer. Have you requested a copy of the assessment report?? On receiving it you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from DWP, keep us updated and keep posting. 
    Rebecca4 said:
    Hi everyone, 
    I had my f2f assessment on the 5th September, I then had a text on the 24th September from DWP saying they had received my written assessment followed by a letter on the 3rd October saying DWP had all the information needed to make a decision. Does anyone know how long I should be waiting now for a decision? Or how long did it take for yourselves? 
    Thankyou.

Looks like I`m in for a long wait too...had my f2f on 3rd October.
  • Rebecca4
    Thanks for the comments, it is a really long and stressful process. 

I will update once I find out if I've been awarded etc... 

The text I received on the 24th September stated the timeframe should be within 6 weeks so fingers crossed I'll get a decision soon. 

I hope you all get awarded, it's stressful like I said. 

Thanks again. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @rebecca4 and a warm welcome to the community!
    Scope

• Rebecca4
    Thankyou Chloe
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I had my F2F on 28th August and got my decision letter today (although I’d rang and they told me the decision on Monday)
  • Rebecca4
    Thanks @DuffersMum, if my time is the same as yours then maybe I'll  get my letter end of next week/beginning week after. I hope you got awarded, such a long wait isn't it. 
  • DuffersMum
    I got standard rate care and standard rate mobility, so worse off than I was on DLA where I was on higher rate mobility, and the reason they gave was because I can drive a car I can walk over 20m...even though the assessor only saw me walk 15m very slowly and painfully...quite frankly I think that’s a ridiculous reason, have got my mandatory reconsider ready to post off tomorrow but in all honesty I don’t expect them to change the award.
  • Rebecca4
    I was on higher care and lower mobility with DLA but when it changed for me to PIP I got 0 points. I didn't appeal it, that was about 2 years ago. This is a new claim so I'm hoping it will go differently. It's so long winded and stressful, I put my claim in this time mid July and had my F2F 5th September so I'm hoping I'll know soon. 
    Good luck with the mandatory reconsideration @DuffersMum, I probably should have done that last time around but so stressful isn't it.
  • DuffersMum
    Mandatory Reconsideration sent off and as I’m a really cross mood with PIP and DWP I’ve fired off an email to the Disability Minister as well...nothing will come of either but it makes me feel better doing it. Hope you get your decision soon, you can always ring DWP and ask if a decision has been made yet, provided you can put up with the phone queue, although I rang bang on 8am on Monday and got straight through.
  • Rebecca4
    I may end up ringing them one day in the week yes. I hope your mandatory consideration works out, and doesn't take as long.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.