esa acessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa acessment

danny1986
danny1986 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
i heard back after sending my form up a couple months ago with a appointment i phoned and explained as i said in the form i needed a home visit and they got me too email them my doctors letter and they since emailed me back and said they sent it too their london for consideration how long does it take for them  too review it and grant you a home visit i know it take longer too arrange the date for the home visit ???

Comments

• DoriFish
    DoriFish Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    I asked for a home visit in April/May time
    I received the appointment last weekend & had home visit on Thursday just gone
    So it took a long wait for it.
    I dont know if the area will determine how long you have to wait.
    Good luck.
       Ps it wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be & they were very nice ?
  • danny1986
    ok thanks dorifish em could you tell me how long after your appointment letter and you sending them a doctors letter did it take for them too cancel the original appointment  and for you too be put on the waiting list for a home visit as my appointment on the 11th nov and im just getting worried how long it take them too approve the home visit
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It really does depend on any given area as to how busy they are, you could always contact them in a couple of weeks to see if they have any idea.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• danny1986
    ok i just wondered as i sent them my docotrs letter when they will inform me i been granted a home visit and too wait for an appointment date
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, it depends on backlog in your area the best thing you can do is ring the health assessment  providers and ask.

Sending a letter from a GP requesting a home assessment doesn't guarantee you'll have one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danny1986
    ok thanks i have been calling hopely they grant it   as i could not get out if i tried   em they said they emailed it too the london office and im witing too her back
  • danny1986
    im just wondering how long it should take for them too review my doctors letter and  cancel my appointment at the appointment centre and refer me for a home visit
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    I'm afraid no one can answer that question. As i previously advised, there's no guarantee that your Doctors letter will get you the home assessment. You can ring the health assessment providers on Monday morning and ask. You won't be referred for a home visit, they will either agree to it based on the letter or they won't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DoriFish
    DoriFish Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    My appointment was cancelled when I phoned them
    I dont know how long it took them to contact my GP
    I just left it to them.
    And as I said I took quite some time to get the home visit through 
    I think you just have to have patience as they do have a backlog  to get through 
    Sorry I cant be of anymore help Danny1986
    Hope all goes well with you x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.