Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Esa3 backdated

Hi got phone call yesterday from Dwp saying they owe me backdated money also sending out letter to confirm money should be with me in a few days. Do I now ring Dwp up and ask about back dating my sdp as been single and living alone for the same period of time.If so what’s form do I ask for? Thanks


  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,511 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you not been receiving SDP during this period? The back-dating is for income related ESA not being paid.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I answered with this comment on your other thread.

    To claim SDP as well as living alone you must have also been claiming either DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living and no one must have claimed carers allowance for looking after you. If this is correct then you need to ring ESA and ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone.

    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.