Support group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group

Options
hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
Hi has anyone on here been transferred on Uc credit due to change an was there income related support group added on to universal credit plz as mine has not been awarded yet how do u tell universal credit this information as when you do the application it doesn’t ask any thing about previous benefit

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Looking back at your previous threads i see you were in the support group for ESA and you had to claim UC as a couple with your partner. This means that your ESA will stop, if it was all income related and will transfer to UC. Your ESA support group will be honoured in UC and you'll receive the extra LCWRA element of £336 per month on top of the standard allowance for couples, depending on both your ages.

It could potentially take a little while for the LCWRA element to be added to your claim. To make sure it's added you should speak to your case manager and ask them to send the MPG1 form to ESA for your award to be transferred across.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Options
    Thanks poppy so I been added to my wife’s Uc so she needs to message on her journal for Uc case manager or do I need to speak to esa case manager 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. The claim is in both names so you can also put a note on the journal but it will probably be better to ring UC to speak to your case manager because they don't always read journal messages.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @hello20
    As long as you were still claiming ESA when you applied for Universal Credit and didn't switch because you'd been found fit for work, then this should be added to your UC claim.

I'm sorry it hasn't yet been added for you, it should usually be resolved before your first payment as it's a fairly quick internal process. 

To echo Poppy, you need to get in contact with them and make them aware of the situation. Let them know you have a "determined award" for ESA and that you believe this should be transferred to your UC claim.

If they ask you to start providing fit notes, this is an error and you doing so can result in a reassessment. 

Any questions just let me know. :)

Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20
    Options
    thank you poppy 
    thank your Adrian 
    through  the whole process you have really been great support ? an gavegood advice an  answered my questions very quick I’m so good to have your support in this community 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.