I went this afternoon to a Living With Long Term Heath Conditions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I went this afternoon to a Living With Long Term Heath Conditions

Sparklebright
Sparklebright Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited October 2019 in Coffee lounge
Hi to all'

I went to a Living with long term health conditions programme this afternoon on how you can work round differant health conditions by using differant methods to cope with how you feel emotions fatigue
Sleeplessness it's a 6 week course and they go through things with you and give you a book tho not got mine yet have discussions ect looking forward to going next week carnt wait.
I've not looked through my paper work yet. 

Sparklebright. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @Sparklebright
    Thanks for sharing this, did you find it helpful?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sparklebright, this sounds really interesting! I'm glad you are looking forward to next week. :)
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sparklebright   Great to hear this, wish you well.

I used these sort of courses and lifestyle ones to cope with every day.

Kept everything built up a library to use for reference or to use to educate myself.

Please if I can help with anything.  Always putting lifestyle and well being posts on the forum.

Happy to be supportive. 

I am one of the community champions of the forum.

Hope you have an enjoyable time.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sparklebright
    Sparklebright Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Hi to all'

Yes I loved going but the only thing I didn't like was a few people have worse conditions than me and I found this upsetting for them to speak about.....
    Then you think that other people really do feel worse than you do sometimes it's hard to grasp get your head around if you see what I mean. 

Sparklebright. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sparklebright   Thank you for reply.  I do understand that have compassion and sympathy for every one whom I meet. Who may be struggling.

Finding a path and talking about anything that is bothering them.

One thing l learnt from addiction  rehabs and clinics is you are always following some one or some one is following you.

So I used to be a support, a friend learn from each other.

Listening is a valuable skill.  Using life knowledge your own health issues gives others a lot of confidence and reassurance.  To guide and advise.

A shoulder to lean on.

Wish you well.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @Sparklebright, thank you for sharing this. It sounds like a very good opportunity to learn how to work with your health in your daily life and meet new people who may be going through similar experiences as you. I am glad that you are looking forward to the next session. 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    edited October 2019
    @Sparklebright I attended a 6 week course on living with inflammatory disease. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. It does put things into perspective and it's helpful to chat to others in a similar situation who really understand. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sparklebright, this sounds like a fantastic course and really interesting.  I hope you continue to enjoy it.  Thanks for sharing with us.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness