Vascular Dementia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vascular Dementia

Options
Benoville
Benoville Community member Posts: 3 Listener
thanks for all your kind answers, still very devastated,,don't know who to tell ,friends o9r family? I am so scared Is there anyone in  Liverpool or east Cheshire who could tell me what to expect, I need help with pips can I claim ?Iam on quite a lot of medication from another problem will this make vascular worse, sorry to burden you,,  thanks Phil

Comments

• Benoville
    Benoville Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks to all for your kind thoughts,I am scared stiff ,but am trying to get on with it,what can I expect?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. Evidence will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. A face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.

This link will help you find what's local to you for help and support if you decide to claim. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

May i ask what benefit you're asking about? More information is needed to be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Benoville
     I noticed you were concerned about medication for other problems making vascular dementia worse. All I can say is get an appointment with your doctor to discuss it. It may be fine but feeling worried won’t help so the sooner you get your questions answered by a medical professional the better.Its one less thing to deal with. We can’t say how your medicines will interact as we are not medical experts.Good luck.
           Debsidoo.x

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Benoville and a warm welcome to the community! How are you doing today? It sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment. I hope the advice above has been helpful and I too would suggest seeing a doctor if you are worried.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.