Check in how do we feel today - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check in how do we feel today

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    ?It could be better
    I hope your shopping trip isn't too bad for you @WhileIBreathIHope and you manage to have a nice afternoon.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,365 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    ?It could be better
    A bit anxious as my car is off the road (I suspect exhaust manifold leak). It is booked in to the garage for Wednesday.

Not looking forward to driving there. The car is currently extremely loud and I will look like a prat. Already find anything in public difficult enough without huge engine noise attracting attention, haha.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    ?I'm happy today
    Currently overwhelmed by schemes of work. How are you? 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    ?I'm happy today
    66Mustang said:
    A bit anxious as my car is off the road (I suspect exhaust manifold leak). It is booked in to the garage for Wednesday.

Not looking forward to driving there. The car is currently extremely loud and I will look like a prat. Already find anything in public difficult enough without huge engine noise attracting attention, haha.
    I hope it is fixed soon! 
  • DoriFish
    DoriFish Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    ?Very tired
    Paffuto10 & Pollyanna1052
    I understand the tearful feelings very well 
    Especially when you have no control of what is happening to you & your life
    It's all held in someone else's hands
    I had my ESA home assessment on Thursday
    The run up to it was horrendous I was worrying about everything
    Especially after hearing so many others bad experiences,  my mind was working over time.
    I had to cut off, I couldn't cope
    To my relief they were so nice and explained everything 
    I now have to sit & wait for the results.
    I just wish they could see what the uncertainties do to us
    I am sorry to say I was getting to the point I didn't want to carry on
    Life is so hard with out all of this
    I was so lucky I just bust out crying and this lovely soul came, hugged me and listened
    She got my all the help & support to get me looking forward again
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    ?I'm doing well today
    Hello @Tammyjane33   Thanks for the poll. More important how are you today?

Being a member of our community is it how you feel day to day. Think positive be supportive of others and have the time to listen.

I also know every one is different every one has either pain or struggles or find dark days.

Hoping and wishing to those how can I offer some sunshine to  some of our members .

Even though may not be good some days but I know I can cope.

Pleasure to talk to you as always.

Sending prayers you having a good day here to listen and be a friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    ?I'm doing well today
    Hello @DoriFish   Sorry to hear about your assessment.

Please how can I be supportive.? Is there anything you wish to know or can I offer any advice or guidance.?

Do you need some one to listen to you happy to be a friend.?

I know assessments are a difficult situation. I do respect every one who has gone through them.

I do think please if I can add is to consider how have you done. Make it a important lesson if you can. What did I learn do I need next time to evaluate and consider anything I would change.

After doing so many this I what I have to do.  Write down how are you and how can I focus on the positives.

After every assessment have a treat a reward my self, nothing expensive something simple. In my case a special meal for myself.

Remember you done nothing wrong and after all if the person who has assessed does not treat you right or is harsh. You have the right to complain.

Every one should have dignity, respect and consideration doing any assessments.

Understanding, compassion and listen to you.

At the end of the day you done this. You should be proud of what you have done and how you have coped.

Please keep in touch and here to a positive outcome.

One final point if you need support with any of your conditions, disabilities or illness.

Happy to help offer any relevant organisations or associations.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    edited October 2019
    ?It could be better
    Concerned as Ill or not "work is work" and need the money-reorganising a commercial place for new equipment.

Think I'll need to get up at 5:30am to make it out the door for 8:00am and weighing up if I dare eat breakfast.

If it's sack trucks or better filling boxes to be put on pallet trucks, I'll manage- if it is humping equipment round I'll be bad in the mid afternoon/evening- but as self employed I can enjoy this fun time on my own time all for £34 or best before travel costs.

Praying I get to just fill some boxes of whatever they have on shelves/pallet racking

that and I think I have the a cold or flu- but need the money so ill or not hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!
  • DoriFish
    ?Very tired
     ? Very tired
    @thespiceman
    Thank you
    I've hit rock bottom of physical & mental energy at the moment 
    Was in a major RTA when I was 32 & a mom to 3 children on my own
    (husband left us)
    Broke L1-5 vertebrae & crushed ribs to pelvis so major organ  damage, plus few other injuries
    1 year in hospital & 5years of surgery
    Plus fighting to hang on to my children  Social services wanted to take them
    So every fortnight I had to pay for a private ambulance to bring me home to be able to keep them
    I fought with every ounce, my children are grown up & I'm so proud of them
    But I'm on a downward spiral just had major surgery again 2 months in hospital 
    And its failed.
    So I've got to go through it all again with a more specialized team
    I just dont know if I can do it

Just had ESA review then it's the PIP
    How do I tell my children I've had enough fighting to survive 
    I dont want to hurt them 
    What do I do?

• thespiceman
    edited October 2019
    ?I'm doing well today
    Hello @DoriFish   Thank you for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear what has happened.  Sending prayers and lots of love and compassion, empathy.

Please if I can suggest do you have a mental health team around you?. Are you receiving any assistance with your mental health or anything else related.?

I know days can be hard, difficult and not easy  to cope with every little thing or aspects of your life.

There is reassurance, to give you some confidence, some self esteem.

Every one has those days we need a uplift and boost.

Some one to share and care.

I have myself think if you find some one like this organisation to help or guide you. They offer those with mental health issues.

A lot of support , may look at everything.  Including benefits and anything health wise.

The only problems are they are not in all areas. 

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

One other organisation similar is MIND

https://www.mind.org.uk.

Take a deep breath. Small steps.  Find and create some goals for yourself.

Does not have to be hard or difficult.

I have to say. Understand about surgery and operations and everything about that.

Spent from 18 months a baby to early twenties doing operations, surgery and had also a lot of other issues as well.

Including addiction and mental health.

Sorry apologise about me .

You not alone. Think carefully make some choices some suggestions what would you like to do.

Volunteering is a good one. Look at writing simple things you can do.

Please if you having some difficulty speaking to your children maybe need to write that down give them a letter.

This is how I feel I need help with this and need support.

They will understand be honest and open after all if they care about you as they would be responsive.

Your important.

Please have you ever spoken to your Doctor. Often by accessing support such as Counselling.  You can get any answers and also some direction some signposting to anything relevant.

I live alone and if I cannot speak write it down speak to any one like that.  On the phone, The Doctor.

Please if I can help with any thing. Please ask me.  Happy to be supportive. Ready to listen anytime.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Angry today, lonely and struggling as man in flat underneath coughs all day or makes other noise it's always one or the other. Feel trapped, angry, intimidated and sad that I have this man living under me
  • DoriFish
    ?Very tired
    @thespiceman
    I've not sort help from anyone
    I tend to keep it to myself,
    I think most people don't really want to know even though they ask how are you?
    I would know were to start
    I've always been fighting & having to appear strong.
    Till I'm on my own
    But I'm just so tired & in too much pain!
    It's all to much!
    Were would you start spiceman?
    My head is a mess
    ?

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Hi everyone I've been very unwell with my condition as its rare) and when I have a flare up I sometime sleep for long periods if time. I've not forgotten about anyone and I will be looking through the messages and get up to speed and reply to you all as soon as possible. I wouldn't want to think I'm ignoring anyone. Thankyou for all your feedback and to the people that may have had a hard time I hope things become easier soon ?
  • Tammyjane33
    Hello @DoriFish. Very sorry for the late reply. I've been unwell but on the mend and hopefully will be more active now. Im sorry to hear you've had a tough few months. I've read through your post and I totally agree and can relate to how you feel and this site is wonderful in terms of support. I'm a community champion here in scope so I'm here for a chat if you need to talk along with other lovely champions /support etc. It's wonderful that you are keeping your mind busy and helping others by reaching out.
    Hope to speak soon ?
  • Tammyjane33
    Hi @Chloe_Scope I'm sorry for the late reply. I've been unwell with my illness and not been very active, but now I'm on the mend ili be more active. I'm glad you're well. How's your weekend been? Talk soon :) 
  • Tammyjane33
    Hi @DoriFish I'm very sorry you've been anxious I know how that feels so I can relate very much so. I've been physically unwell so that's why it's taken me so long to respond so I'm sorry it's taken this long for a response. I hope you're a little brighter. Can i ask if you have any coping methods /strategies or a care plan in place or something to distract you from feeling apprehensive? I've now found journal writing is my way of coping especially if I can't leave the house. Also do some little courses online for free to keep my mind busy and focused however I know its not everyone's cup of tea ☕. Anyway I hope you are brighter soon ?and thankyou for sharing how you feel. That takes courage. You may have helped others who are in a similar mindset or going through similar experiences to you. So thankyou. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @paffuto10 hello, I'm so sorry for the late reply. As I've explained above to other members that I've been unwell so I've not actively been on the site or posted for a few weeks, well not put in as much effort like I previously had been. I'm now a bit brighter thankyou. I've read thorough your post and it appears you've been struggling.. I am correct? I can  relate to how you are feeling when it comes to anything benifit claims and reviews and it's can make you very low and anxious, for me I couldn't even bring myself to open the letter but obviously others don't understand. It makes you feel judged even before you turn up and that takes a lot of willpower and determination to even prepare. My anxiety goes high. I have been there and only from my experience, please try not to worry. There's been a few cases In the media that have sort of frightened others and people are now in fear of losing their money. If you have medical notes like they state on the letter, take them with you, photo copy the letter/application in which you filled out so you have a copy and if you feel anxious just mention you've written a reminder and using that as guidance incase you forget anything. Hope this helps. Sorry for the essay lol. I hope all goes well and if you need someone to talk to just message. You've made a positive step by reaching out to us here on the scope community. 
    I hope all goes well and I hope to talk soon ?

"
  • Tammyjane33
    edited October 2019
    @pollyanna1052 Hi, I`m feeling better than you. I'm sorry you are feeling edgy. I'm also apologising to everyone as I'm late replying to people  as I've been physically unwell. Thank you for sharing your feelings and being open I hope all goes well I can relate to how stressful this can be. Take care and hope to speak soon. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @Ails hi how are you doing? Sorry for the late reply I've been physically unwell so not been as active. From reading your post you've said "you could be better "
    I hope things improve for you soon. Take care ?
  • DoriFish
    ?Very tired
    Tammyjane33
     :) 
    Thank you for you post
    I also cut off too as I was to ill & exhausted
    I think its probably a common think for us to do to cope
    I have had some very welcome messages from @spiceman
    You have both suggested writing & finding ways to distract yourselves from the black side of severe depression
    I am going to try to reach out & get help
    It's not easy to know how to start
    But I will try
    You are all inspirational 
    Thank you 
    God bless you all
    Prayers to all that need a lift up xx ?☕

Brightness