Financial support but nothing else — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Financial support but nothing else

kami24
kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
I feel they give me a bit of financial support (only just covers rentetc) but i get no other support which i do need as i have autism and bpd emotional issues and my living situation is unsuitable, man who rents flat below coughs constantly and there is loud drilling and banging today and i think they are talking about me and he coughs until midnight and don't see him to discuss this with and if i did i would get way too angry and so something i regret to him and would thoroughly enjoy it too so I better stay away from him. Very annoying and in my area there is no groups for odd people like myself or anyone different or with issues and find it isolating, lonely, scary and very depressing 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    I was thinking something similar the other day. We were talking about how I am in the “Support Group” for ESA but, aside from more money, for which I am very grateful, I’m not actually getting any support from them. Like how to improve my situation, maybe get into work, etc.
  • kami24
    edited October 2019
    Yep it's so true. I would rather have a little less money and more emotional support really but i guess that costs more for them overall so they pawn people off with a basic amount instead im guessing 
  • kami24
    I wish they could but then i would have to move yet again wouldnt I?? 
  • kami24
    I don't ever want to live in a flat again really i would prefer a quiet one bed house or bungalow but obviously i dont have any children etc so they would only be able to help me with a flat at most if anything at all as they would say there are many more in need or more need than me and housing crisis at the minute means alot of people need a house or flat. Can't live with anyone as tried that lived with my mum, dad and partner but all was too much for me and also them. Poor credit from years ago so no chance of any agent letting. Will take months or years to find any affordable suitable bungalow type house as well
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Support Group doesn't mean they support you with anything in your life. Unfortunately, living in a flat you will have noise from those above you and that can't be helped. Mostly it's everyday noise such as walking or even talking and you can't help that.

I lived in a flat for over 2 years until 2 weeks ago when i finally moved into a privately rented 2 bed house. The person that lived above me was actually very quiet bless him and a really nice guy but i could hear everything he did, from blowing his nose to coughing and even walking around his flat. When he had visitors it felt like they were in my living room. All those were just noises we make in general. I did annoy me at times and i never did get used to it. I'm sure i made noises too, my TV and walking around the flat. Again those are noises you just can't help. You can't walk around on tip toes or not speak to anyone.

You'll most likely need to be above a certain age for a bungalow from housing association and some say age 55 and above.

You may have a better chance or renting privately if you can get a guarantor, i had to do this to get the house i have now. Certainly not easy these days if you claim benefits. :(
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    Okay poppy thanks but I won't stay here if i am unhappy as i live alone unlike you did 
  • kami24
    You arent always right 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Pardon? As a community champion here on scope, i'd like to remind you to please be mindful of your comments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness