Does the assessor record the assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does the assessor record the assessment

happyman
happyman Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
Hi, i am trying to fight my case. I received my report and it was like reading a report from someone else who had been to the assessment. In total there were 12 lies in the report which last week i receive the official letter to say i received no points.

The lies included that i did tests, when in reality i explained i could not do. The report also said that i did tests that i was not even asked to do.

I have read an article that said PIP were introducing video recordings and sound recordings, so the assessor records the assessment. I am trying to find out if this is correct, because if it is then this recording will show all the lies from the report.

Can anyone please let me know if they have any information on this, as if it is true that they have recorded me in the assessment then i want to know how i can get the recording for my appeal to show the assessor lied more than ten times on the report.

Also, can anyone tell me if they have reported their assessor for lying, and what happened, and is the assessment report classes as a legal official document and if so can the assessor be reported to the police.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, PIP assessments are not recorded by the health assessment providers. If a claimant wants to record the assessment they need to make arrangements for the correct recording equipment and contact the health assessment providers to tell them they will be recording it.

When requesting the MR regardless of all the lies in the report you should avoid mentioning them because they won't be interested in any of them. They will only be interested in where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real life examples will also help.

Lots of people complain to the health assessment providers about assessment reports but there's rarely anything done about it. You may get acknowledgment of the complaint but don't expect anything more than that.

No the assessment report isn't a legal official document and reporting it to the police won't get you anywhere because it's simply your word against theirs.

You're better off concentrating on the MR and Tribunal if that fails and most do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @happyman - I'm sorry to read your report doesn't correctly reflect the difficulties you're facing. Sadly, you're not alone.
    As you didn't receive any points, you have nothing to lose in applying for a Mandatory Reconsideration; the details of how to do so you will be at the end of your decision letter.

As Poppy has said, & please be guided by her, if you do decide to go for a Mandatory Reconsideration, you need to better explain the problems you face considering 'the descriptors.' Mentioning incorrect reporting/'lies' from your assessment doesn't help you score any points. You need to 'let go' of this, which I know is hard, & concentrate on your Mandatory Reconsideration, showing where you should have gained points. As mentioned, sadly less than 20% of people are successful at the Mandatory Reconsideration level, & you may have to then go for a Tribunal, where about 70% of people are eventually successful.

In the meanwhile, & I'm sorry this link is lengthy, it may help explain the PIP 'descriptors' to better further your claim. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria Waiting for a Tribunal can take in excess of a year, so do try your best with the Mandatory Reconsideration. On a personal note, I was successful in gaining the award I felt correct with a Mandatory Reconsideration by better describing my problems, & with an understanding of these 'descriptors.'

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.