Compliance letter — Scope | Disability forum

Compliance letter

I have received a letter saying that I need to take a call with dwp "notice of a compliance telephone interview"

I can only imagine it to be because I did assume paid work within the threshold allowance. I did 15 hours and received £127.29 for Friday 5th July and stopped thereafter as I wasn't coping with my mental health, and it's actually got worse anyway. 

Looking at it I didn't fill in any forms or update the dwp of the change, so I'm wondering what the consequence will be.

What can I do?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,797 Disability Gamechanger

    If that is the reason for the compliance interview then even though you are supposed to tell them you're working it's unlikely that they would do anything, providing you didn't earn more than the maximum amount. If you only worked for 1 week, then it may not be about that but i'm only guessing i'm afraid.

    I'd advise you ring the number on the letter and they may give you more information.
  • shell73
    shell73 Member Posts: 56 Connected
    I had the same and I just said I didn't realise I had to tell them as I did earn much in the overall period as I was struggling on the contribution based ESA and it turned out ok so don't worry about it .
  • 13magpies
    13magpies Member Posts: 3 Listener
    OK, thanks. 

    I got the letter and it made me want to self harm, but I didn't, I came on here instead. 

  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,596 Scope online community team
    Hiya @13magpies, welcome to the community. I'm glad you came to us instead. I can imagine it's incredibly stressful to receive these letters and I'm sorry to read about the effect it's having on you. Do you have any details about the interview and is there anyone who can be with you when you're having it? Let us know how you get on and if there's anything else we can do to help you, please just give us a shout and we'll do our best to advise or support you.

    Are you getting much support with your mental health? I know you chose to come here (and that's great!) but if you're ever struggling with thoughts of self-harm, Mind has some good resources for helping yourself in the short-term. Obviously Samaritans are a quick call away (116 123) and if you ever feel like you might be in danger, please call 999 or go to your local hospital.
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • 13magpies
    13magpies Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Well, I live in adult social care under a section 117 after care, I have found the whole experience to be very difficult to cope with, including an unsupportive care coordinator and relatively inexperienced or maybe not the most supportive of a care team really. I have leaned on my friend excessively for support... I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just describing my experience that's all. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.