Pip 'inaccuracies ' — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip 'inaccuracies '

rory01
rory01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I had a pip assessment a few months ago.  I was declined PIP and was awarded 4 points.  I received assessor's report. I really thought I was reading about another person's assessment!! There were numerous 'inaccuracies '.  Several things that the assessor said simply did not happen.   Other things she reported were incorrect.   I had brought a friend with me, thank goodness.  As the decision was not made on current information it would have been impossible to make an informed decision.  I will be sending a mandatory reconsideration letter and then a complaint.   What is likely to happen 're both above??

Comments

• DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I would report the inaccuracies to the Disability Minister, if more people do this they might eventually do something about the so called “medical professionals” who carry out these assessments.  My report was also littered with inaccuracies and downright lies, it really is not acceptable.
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    @rory01 you are not alone as in my own opinion HCP do not look fully at your medical evidence supplied by consultants and other healthcare professionals who have treated yourself, they are only concerned about getting their assessment report back to DWP without having to go through audit which may then show anomalies or in most cases not, even in my own opinion DWP DECISION MAKERS do not read report and only look at the dots for scoring and go with this ( totally wrong ) Take your time and submit an MR showing how you are affected on a daily basis.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    When requesting the MR you should concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

Most MR decision's remain the same and there's only an 18% chance of the decision changing at this stage. You'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers, details how to do this will be on their website. Don't expect anything to be done about it because they don't usually do anything. You maybe lucky to receive an acknowledgment but you may not even receive that.

Definitely concentrate on the MR request first and this needs to be within 1 month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rory01
    rory01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you all so much. I’ll incorporate all your answers. I must be naive as I did not think people employed as assessors would lie. I also thought all information given would be read and taken on board. Silly me??
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    rory01 said:
    Thank you all so much. I’ll incorporate all your answers. I must be naive as I did not think people employed as assessors would lie. I also thought all information given would be read and taken on board. Silly me??
    I handed my medical records to the assessor as they had not been received in time to submit with my claim, she chucked them straight back over the table to me without even glancing at them...had she bothered to read them or listen to what I was saying she may not have reported that my hip replacement may improve....I don’t have hip replacements...it’s my knees which have been replaced...but hey ho the DWP just ignored this 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @rory01, I'm sorry to hear this and I imagine reading the report was not nice at all! I hope people's advice has been helpful. Here's an article about the appeals process, if you need any further guidance then please do let us know! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.