My ESA is about to run out — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My ESA is about to run out

Options
Edward
Edward Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi
I received a message from the ESA that I would no longer be entitled to ESA and to apply for UC in December. Is this a regular thing? I will be sick/disabled for the long term. I currently receive sick certs for 42 days at a time and am still under the pain clinic at Royal Berkshire Hospital. What then am I entitled to?

Many Thanks
Ed

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi,

Are you claiming New style ESA? If you are then this is only paid for 1 year unless you're placed into the Support Group.

have you had an assessment yet to determine which group if any you'll be placed into? I see you're still sending in fit notes which must mean you haven't had the assessment. Or have you had it and wee placed into the WRAG (LCW)?

May i ask if you've received a work capability assessment form at all? This is known as the ESA50 form.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Edward
    Edward Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I'm claim PIP and have a blue badge, I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. I received a work assessment when I was attempting to claim UC and another when I claimed my PIP. Although my symptoms have got worse I have not advised anyone on the PIP side other than that no. 

The person who took my assessment for UC advised that I was unable to work and another assessment would be required in 18 months time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.