Failed PIP Application — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed PIP Application

aspie_art
aspie_art Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,

I hope I have posted this in the correct forum.

I have Aspergers syndrome, along with several illnesses/conditions (such as M.E). I have been on DLA for several years (this had been awarded indefinitely); this is ending in a few days.

I have recently been turned down on my PIP application, receiving zero points. Their reason, as stated in the refusal letter, just didnt seem to match me as the person in question; there were a number of inaccuracies.

Due to many issues/reactions to various types of medications I have taken over lots of years, whether anti-depressants, antibiotics, even Metformin for Diabetes type 2, my GP's decided all should be stopped. I believe this has worked against me in the PIP decision.

The PIP report also stated that I had refused a particular examination by the assessor when at my home. I was not offered any such examination.

As an adult with Asperger Syndrome, diagnosed less than 10 years ago, I was introduced to a local Asperger support team but these have not been supportive (I think what funds they have go towards helping young people with the condition). I also have seen very little support coming from my GP, which could be because of increase in work load.

I am waiting for the return of a lady from a charity, from holidays sometime in November; but I know I must confirm with DWP that I will be opting for a mandatory reconsideration, before the middle of November 2019.

I feel quite alone and very unsure about so many things right now. Money I received that did help me to be relatively independent is about to end.

I feel DWP has not given any consideration to the issues I face on a daily basis and I do not know how to communicate so many things that are a problem. I am stuck.

If someone could give a little advice as to what I can do and/or expect from all this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

aspie art

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.