Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
Had pip assasement 6 weeks ago traced up few times no report ready an evidence recieved to day capita called  man who did my report has left capital an they are doing home visit at my property 
why would they do home visit 

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I`m not quite sure what you mean....are you having to have a 2nd f2f assessment because the assessor who you saw has left? Has his report never been filed?

I had a home f2f. I think it will be more relaxed as you wont need to get to somewhere for a certain time.

It is really bad that this has happened.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you tell us a little more? So you had a PIP assessment 6 weeks ago and they cant find the report and are doing another assessment?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • hello20
    They said that the person who did the  assasement has left capita  an they would like to do a home visits
  • hello20
    They didn’t mention anything about the report all they said he has left
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    hello20 said:
    Had pip assasement 6 weeks ago traced up few times no report ready an evidence recieved to day capita called  man who did my report has left capital an they are doing home visit at my property 
    why would they do home visit 

@hello20 - where do you live? In some areas - particularly if it's more isolated -  I believe it's common to have a F2F at home...
  • hello13
    hello13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Do u mean u had a assessment before n d assessor has not done d report so r dey doing another assessment a home visit 
  • hello20
    I don’t kno I had an assasement 6 weeks ago but I been called today they want to do home assasement 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to ring the health assessment providers and ask why they want to do another assessment as you already had one 6 weeks ago. They are the only ones that can tell you when you need another.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello13
    hello13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    why would they do home visit  ( so basically dey done ur assessment 1st time round but haven't got a report as d person who done ur assessment is no longer working for them I have seen a few posts here on f2f home visits worth reading dem )
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry a little confused between hello20 and hello13... i'm assuming you're the same person?

All i can advise is that the person that did your first assessment left and didn't write the report or didn't finish writing it. As that person is no longer there then no one can finish the report, so this means another assessment is needed because they don't have all the information they need.

Home assessments are the same as an assessment in a centre, the only difference is they are done in your own home, which often makes people more comfortable. The process is still the same. During the assessment you'll be to confirm what you wrote in the form and answer any additional questions about how your conditions affect you.

If you need more information as to why another assessment is needed and why the first report wasn't sent to DWP then you'll need to speak to the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Hello no I don’t kno who hello13 is 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.