PIP reassessment after 3 years. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP reassessment after 3 years.

Options
Capt_Willard
Capt_Willard Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Hi

Background

I am presently in the ESA support group and have been foe the last 10 years. This was after being assessed by ATOS. 

Since then I have not had any face to face to face assessments, but I have completed several ESA forms, one as recently as 2 months ago and only after NOT hearing from them for 7 years!

I was up until 3 and half years ago on DLA but never assessed. Until I had to transition to PIP. Again it was undertaken by ATOS and I was awarded the lower rate for mental health and physical problems.

The reason I am here is to ask for your help.

I thought the review form would be just that..but I received an appointment letter to attend a reassessment!

My condition has not changed, same medication and care needs and as answered in the review form.

Anyone had the same experience or have any knowledge as to why a review form could lead to being recalled?

Thank you for any help in advance.. 

Yes.. I am really worried, 

But don't let that deter your honest answers!

Many Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

All PIP reviews should be classed as a new claim by the claimant. This means that the form should have been filled out with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you, adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Don't be fooled by the shortened version form.

Most PIP claims, including reviews have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. When attending the assessment you'll need to verify what you wrote on the form as well as answer any additional questions. You will be watched from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. It will be the same as the first assessment you had.

PIP and ESA are different benefits, with different criteria.

After the PIP assessment, wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

If you're awarded successfully then you'll receive a new award date. If you're not awarded then your PIP payments will stop regardless of the award end date. A new decision overrules the previous decision.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Capt_Willard
    Capt_Willard Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Thank you for your prompt reply and very clear answer.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Capt_Willard!! If you need anything else then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.