Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
natasha1981
natasha1981 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
I had a pip face to face assessment yesturdsy there was a man in there observing the assessor is that normal? Also i got a tex from DWP today saying that thay have receive my assessment and will b in touch in 4_6weeks as anyone had a tex a day after 

Comments

• natasha1981
    Options
    I had a pip face to face assessment yesturdsy there was a man in there observing the assessor is that normal? Also i got a tex from DWP today saying that thay have receive my assessment and will b in touch in 4_6weeks as anyone had a tex a day after 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @natasha1983, the observer may have been doing some training or making sure the assessment was being conducted correctly. Either way the person conducting your assessment will have introduced their selve and informed you, told you about the other person being present and if you are in agreement with them being present. Wait a week then request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Some people receive a text the day of the assessment stating DWP have received their report back. It doesn't mean anything other than it's been received. There's no timescales for decisions, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @natasha1981 and a very warm welcome to the community. I hope your assessment went well. This could have been someone who was training to be an assessor. Yes this can be the case. If you would like to see what the report says then you can ring up and request a copy. This is completely up to you. The report will say the score that the assessor has given you (they rarely go against this) so would give you an indication of the award to expect. 

If you have any other questions then please let us know!
    Scope

• natasha1981
    Options
    Ok thanks for that information the man didnt speak or ask questions he was at the back of the room typing what i was saying like the assessor so i was a bit confused that was all as ive only had a assesment at home before 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    That's understandable @natasha1981! I hope you are doing okay today. :)
    Scope

• natasha1981
    Options
    Hi i had a copy of pip assesement back today and guess wat all boxes with no points were ticked  its really stressing me out as i suffer really mad anixty and mental illness and depression and i already get the enhance mobility from apealing last year but my social worker told me to reaply to get the care component im very anxious and scared its going to make me ill even more now 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's always extremely risky reporting a change of circumstances because there's always a chance you could lose everything you already have. You will need to wait for the decision to made but they mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it but it can happen.

Once you have the decision if you're not awarded then you have 1 month from that date to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

If the MR decision stays the same (most do) then it's Tribunal. Face to face advice would be helpful here from an advice agency near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • natasha1981
    Options
    Ok thanks i jus phoned them to say they have lied on my report and the shes contradicted herself by ticking all the no points boxes and the man was stuttering on the phone and he told me i can wait then do a letter with wat i think is wrong i said yes im goin to citizens advice to get them to write it and he went quiet for about 1 minuite the stuttered again 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. The adviser wouldn't know what's written in the report unless they read it in that short space of time while you were on the phone and that's very unlikely.

When you write the MR letter you should avoid mentioning any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @natasha1981, I hope @poppy123456's advice has been helpful and please do let us know how you get on or if you have any further questions. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.