Which is the best CBD/ THC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which is the best CBD/ THC

Options
Boccherini
Boccherini Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,

my name is Boccherini.
i am a musician. 
I suffer from torn meniscus, osteoarthritis, collapsed feet, big toe joints severe degeneration, no thyroid, no pituitary, blood disorder, bilateral hearing loss. Fibromyalgia, pendred syndrome, insomnia....
just had a steroid injection into my left knee.
the pain has been quite awful and relentless these last few years.

a neighbour suggested joining a forum for help with locating the best and highest dose of CBD/
I am not on opiates. Though I have been prescribed in the last few years. They didn’t make any difference except to pile on the pounds.
i stopped taking those drugs. Though of course I am on other prescribed meds long term.
my back is painful also.

any suggestions most welcome 

many thanks

best wishes

Bocchz

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Boccherini Welcome to this community. I have been taking CBD for 14 months & also have OA like yourself. As with medications some types of CBD will be more useful than others.
    As you are taking medication, the first thing to understand is that whilst CBD is sold as a 'food supplement,' & should certainly do no harm, it's broken down by some liver enzymes in exactly the same place as over 90% of medications. You therefore need to leave a 4 hour gap between taking CBD & the majority of medications (& probably also for safety, a 2 hour gap between CBD & over the counter meds). If CBD is being broken down by the liver, it would stop most medications from working (so you don't get the benefit of them), or stop them from being broken down at all, which could result in an accidental overdose of these meds. if taken too close together. It's therefore wise to discuss this with your GP or pharmacist. I didn't think my medication was broken down by the liver (one of the few that aren't), but still checked with our GP surgery's pharmacist, who was most helpful altho' she said she hadn't been asked about CBD before!
    The most ethical company I've found, whose CBD is laboratory certified, & also very reasonably priced is the following: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/ & somewhere to get the best possible advice, who helped me: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SimplyCBD/
    I would imagine Simply CBD's green oil (https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/product/simplycbd-green-10ml-30ml/) to be a good place to start as it seems to be the best for pain, but please consider joining the facebook page I mention where you will receive excellent advice. I use the green oil; 250 & 750 just relate to the different size of bottles; it's the same strength CBD in both. Remember, as I said above; we're all different, so it may be a bit of trial & error.
    I hope you also might enjoy looking around this forum. Hope this helps.

• Boccherini
    Boccherini Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you.
    its very difficult knowing where to start.
    i am on long term medication for congenital absent thyroid and pituitary and tremor left hand. The steroid injection was a mistake. Hope I don’t end up having to spend all of tomorrow hanging around in an A&E.
    every good wish to you
    bocchz
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, as chiariads advises, please seek your GP`s help BEFORE going on any over the counter drugs. As you have a myriad of conditions and meds, it could be unsafe.

I buy glucosamine sulphate, for  my joints. I have suggested them to other people as I find them amazing, but some people cant tolerate them.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Boccherini and a warm welcome to the community! You are more than welcome to discuss this on the community, but please bare in mind we are not medical experts and please see your GP before taking CBD oil.
    Scope

Brightness