Housing benefit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing benefit

kazzyd63
kazzyd63 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Good evening all, I’m a newbie here and just want to ask a question. I’m in receipt   of housing benefit, I’m on ESA, and PIP and have been told there’s a shortfall of £100 per month I have to find towards my rent? But I am managing in very little , is there anywhere I can get help? Many thanks in advance x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kazzyd63   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who have joined the community.

Please can I suggest you speak to your local CAB office they will advise you on anything to do with benefits and rent.

They will have details of organisations that will help you.

You should contact your Housing Provider your Land lord if your experiencing problems paying rent.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.

Helpline 0800 138 7777

Stepchange

https://www.stepchange.org

Helpline 0800 138 1111

May be of use to you. These are organisations that deal with budgeting, finance, debts.

Please if we can help with anything further please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,934 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    kazzyd63 said:
    Good evening all, I’m a newbie here and just want to ask a question. I’m in receipt   of housing benefit, I’m on ESA, and PIP and have been told there’s a shortfall of £100 per month I have to find towards my rent? But I am managing in very little , is there anywhere I can get help? Many thanks in advance x
    Hi,

Have they told you when there's a shortfall of £100 with your housing benefit?

Do you rent privately or from housing association?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @kazzyd63, lovely to have you with us.

Would you be able to give us a little more information?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.