Happy Sunday what are your plans today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happy Sunday what are your plans today

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Mine is to tidy my room, and generally clean and work out bills

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    i have great plans, but no money to do any of them, so the norm, sit in and wait for Monday and hope that day becomes better than the last, so hope your goes better
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    zakblood said:
    i have great plans, but no money to do any of them, so the norm, sit in and wait for Monday and hope that day becomes better than the last, so hope your goes better
    Getting home without breaking down as 340 mile round trip we can't really afford.
    Relatives been kind to us, but can't help feel like a charity case, would be empowering to have money in pocket and no worries.

Looking forward to my bed, simple as crawling into it and being home. 
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Go on the Scope forum, take the dogs out, read, routine stuff. Nothing special. Should be going to church but have left so many over the years, think I have exhausted the supply of churches round here!
    Happy Sunday everybody.
    I wouldn't mind when i get my part time job, working a few hours on a Sunday, as i have in the past. Lots of places seem to like it if you can work weekends. No prob here, as no family ties. Must add to my CV!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    No plans. I was hoping to attend church but I do not feel up to that. I am also searching for a new job as well. So basically I'm doing nothing today apart from a quick walk later on as I need fresh air. 
  • zakblood
    zakblood said:
    Getting home without breaking down as 340 mile round trip we can't really afford.
    Relatives been kind to us, but can't help feel like a charity case, would be empowering to have money in pocket and no worries.

Looking forward to my bed, simple as crawling into it and being home. 
    safe trip and fingers crossed it all goes well
  • zakblood
    No plans. I was hoping to attend church but I do not feel up to that. I am also searching for a new job as well. So basically I'm doing nothing today apart from a quick walk later on as I need fresh air. 
    good luck on the job hunting front, in the same boat, but only been at it 3 months, so fingers crossed something comes both our ways some time soon
  • Bettahm
    Hey Tammyjane:
    Maybe you can run this thread again next Sunday as it is Remembrance Sunday. Wonder if we have any Service people or Ex Services on here? Any that have been caught up in conflicts. I'm guessing no-one from WWll now? Anyone on the forum that can remember it though.
    When I lived in London I went to the service at the Cenotaph a few times. Never got to see much of it, but memorable for the solemnity of the occasion. We will always remember them, I hope.
  • Bettahm
    Chobbly:
    Hi. I use YouTube a lot for accessing The Word too! I've heard of Jacob Prasch, never watched/listened to him. But I will do now.
    I listen to R C Sproul, Steve Lawson, Sinclair Ferguson, John Piper and more. 
    Nice to meet you, think there are a few Christian's on the forum.

I may post the Remembrance Sunday thing as a new discussion in the next few days. Sure most of us knew somebody, and a few on here maybe lived thru WW11. Then there was the Falklands and other conflicts. I had a friend (no longer with us) who piloted landing craft on D Day, taking soldiers up to the beach. Trying to remember the model - LV something....? He was a Marine. Told me a lot of wartime stories. Wish I'd written it all down.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s a good idea about making a Remembrance Sunday thread. I too hope they will continue to be remembered but am worried about the way society is going with people like certain WW2 individuals being vilified and even people such as modern day soldiers being looked on badly by some of modern society / some of the younger generation. 

They don’t realise what so many people sacrificed and continue to do so. 

Keeping with the theme today I put my car poppy on my car. :smiley:
  • Bettahm
    I think they will all be in their 90s now? The WW11 vets. But we must never forget. Nor forget that the whole country was involved in WW11. My aunt worked in a munitions factory during the day, and was on fire watch at night. Thinking about it, I heard loads of wartime stories. All the people are dead now. Yes we will do it as a thread. Sure there are folks on here who must have lived thru at least part of the war and may have memories to share.
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Well if the Nazi's had won the war we would have all been on a hit list.
    I wonder how those not in a target group would have found occupation. 

Would the normal people have intermingled and had families with occupation forces?

Part of me is horrified the rich sat back and the poor got slaughtered and I do understand the millennial not our time and not our war. 

For us a shower and a gas chamber V allied victory 

Brightness