WCA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA

Options
Nikx
Nikx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I had a WCA for uc 10 weeks ago still haven’t heard anything every time I ring up I get told all different things. First they told me to get in touch with the people who done the health assessment as it’s them who make the decision I told them that I’ve spoke to them and they’ve told me dwp make the decision then they told me it’s with a decision maker 4 weeks ago but it can take several months as it’s not holding up my payments it’s just for extra payment is this correct? As the person who done the assessment said 4 weeks for a decision uc clearly don’t know what there talking about as they said it the health assessor shouldn’t give timescales but yet they said the health assessor makes the decision?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It's a DWP decision maker that makes the decision and not the HCP. You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

No one knows any timescales because there isn't any. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. When the HCP told you 4 weeks, i'm not sure how they knew this, although they have a habit of telling people timescales.

If the decision is LCWRA then you'll receive the extra £336 per month from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent your first fit note. If it takes longer than this then you'll be backdated any money owed.

If the decision is LCW then you won't receive any extra money.

Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Nikx. I'm sorry to read that they've both been giving you conflicting information.

As Poppy said, there is sadly no timescale for decisions, some people are waiting months to hear. 

I hope it isn't too much longer for you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.