Conflicted by choosing apeal or letting it go :-( — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Conflicted by choosing apeal or letting it go :-(

GamerGirl37
GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
My parents don’t think il win the case but they say it’s my choice what I do , I can’t decide but I really don’t like how this has gone so far :-( 

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I know chick, making this choice is a huge dilemma. If you already have some award but not as much as you hoped for, then is it worth putting yourself through the angst of further woes?
  • GamerGirl37
    I really don’t know what to do , I want to show there wrong but ... I can’t think 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Did they award you anything at all? If not, you have nothing to lose by appealing.
  • GamerGirl37
    Nope they have awarded me nothing and used the fact my diagnosis has only just been done by adult timing , as couldn’t get any special school help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Only you know how your conditions affect you.

You have nothing to lose by requesting the MR. Do be aware that most MR decisions do remain the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. It's a very long process but if you think you qualify then you need to fight it.

If you do decide to request the MR then you need to put that request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those.

Face to face advice and help maybe useful for you here. Welfare rights or a law centre are good places to start, if you have them in your area. Check this link for what's local to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GamerGirl37
    Yeah however they say  that I can cook unaided and travel and plan travels unaided and budget unaided , all isn’t true I can’t do any of them 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @GamerGirl37, how are you doing today? Have you decided whether you'll appeal?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • GamerGirl37
    Hi , I’m still thinking I do want to appeal but I don’t want to be alone 
  • GamerGirl37
    The System doesn’t understand hardly anything unless your bed ridden 
  • GamerGirl37
    Already had the MR and nothing changed and I have proof that they have used things against me again 
  • Bolton135w
    Bolton135w Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Just reading the replies u have nothing to lose to reapply though the situation of one to one confrontation with assessor not easy. U need confidence if u go by yourself, a friend of mine had assessment 6 wks ago, u r assessed from walking in the assess building, speed, gait, if and how u ascend steps, r u tense, relaxed etc, then prepare for rigorous grilling with points system, be honest, u will only fall in their trap, there were constant referrals, so friend said to how she coped, stood, length of time standing, though questionnaire does not mention work at all. Mainly they r looking how u cope with seeing to yourself, and any support. Docs later to back up case could be useful. Answer all questions throughout give egs how daily living affects u. Good luck. 
  • GamerGirl37
    Thank you Bolton135 that really does help , I’m just not sure who to go to for support with it , I don’t have a social worker yet my doctors havnt given me one 
  • chevy790
    chevy790 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    after 26 years on DLA(and many times up before DWP doctors not health professionals for re assessment) i was awarded no points in my assessment with capita when i applied to change to pips-the nurse basically said i was fit -in her opinion to do all tasks-i use a doucette box for my 22 tabs a day-so ill know when to take them-----u should get 1 point for this-she said she didnt c the need for me having this dispenser so recommended no points(they tell u at end of assessment they have nothing to do with marking--------this is untrue when u c their report-they put a recomendation mark on each task assessment box of score they recommend so the  DWP decision maker can either agree with or change the marks before u get result(only in 12% of cases is this done according to local CAB office)----i sent mandatory appeal-no change-went to tribunal on fri----was quite daunting------the solicitor present was very aggressive in his line of questioning------the other 2 not to bad-they went over each section again-it was like capita assessment all over again---i had to argue against her descisions-sadly cab girl let me down at last minute couldnt come---- was on my own but i wasnt going to be intimadated by him(this paricular solicitor is noted for his aggressive tone and questioning-i was warned about him by CAB---they gave me his mame to look out for him if he was on panel  that day)------i was in for 42 minutes-had to wait outside for about 13 minutes before being called back in----low rate care low rate motability-----------that was a drop from middle rate care DLA but i got low rate motabilty------------dont bother going unless u have the medical notes to back ur claim-thats what won it for me-------capita had not asked my GP for any info before they assessed me-none--she the assessor just made up her own mind on what she saw there and then
  • GamerGirl37
    Okay I’ve gotten in touch with a community centre about the Appeal help , can anyone put down places where I can email for support I really need it as time is running out 
  • chevy790
    chevy790 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    DONT KNOW OF ANY EMAIL SUPPORT BUT C.A.B OR DISABILITY ACTION WOULD BE OF ASSISTANCE-DEPENDING ON WHERE U LIVE THERE ARE NORMALLY PEOPLE WHO ASSIST U AT APPEALS TRIBUNAL -THEY HELP SORT OUT MEDICAL EVIDENCE ETC TELL U WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT IT AND COME AND SPEAK ON YOUR BEHALF-U OBVIOUSLY HAVE TO PAY THEM FOR THIS-YOUR LOCAL C.A.B SHOULD BE ABLE TO PUT U IN TOUCH WITH SOME-ONE IN YOUR AREA IF THEY ARE UNABLE TO COME WITH YOU-----YOUR MEDICAL EVIDENCE IS NUMBER 1 PRIORITY AT TRIBUNAL AS I FOUND OUT--------THEY DIDNT REALLY SEEM INTERESTED IN WHAT CAPITA NURSE HAD TO SAY-I WAS AWARDED NO POINTS AT ALL BY CAPITA BUT APPEALS TRIBUNAL AWARDED ME LOW CARE AND MOTABILITY----I WAS QUESTIONED FOR ABOUT 35-40 MINUTES AND LEFT ROOM DESCISION GIVEN 15 MINUTES LATER BASED ENTIRELY ON MEDICAL EVIDENCE--HOPE THIS WAS OF HELP TO YOU

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.