Does the initial copy get altered? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does the initial copy get altered?

Options
kayannie
kayannie Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, I posted about a week ago as I’d had my PIP assessment, I received a text from DWP Friday 1st to say they’ve got my assessment back from Capita so I rang up this morning 4th to ask for them to send me a copy and was advised that it will only be an initial copy. Does this mean it gets altered by the DWP? It should be with me in few days so fingers crossed.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It's always a copy they send and not the original but it doesn't mean it will be changed in any way. Once you receive it take a look at the descriptors with the dots and compare it against the PIP descriptors. You will then be able to add up any points that may have been recommended because the points are not added in the report because it's just a recommendation.

You will still have to wait for the decision but you'll have some idea what it will be because they usually go with that report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @kayannie. I can see Poppy has already explained why it's a copy, so I just wanted to wish you luck! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.