Been asked to go for an assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been asked to go for an assessment

I'm on ESA and in 2017 I got told that I have to have a assessment now I got told I'm un fit for work due to my vision now 2 years later ive been asked to go for another assignment so what happens next cause its stressful thinking about it 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Reviews can take place anytime from 3 months. You should have filled out a work capability assessment form at some point, did you do this? If you did then evidence should have been sent with the form to support your claim,

Most people have to attend face to face assessments during a review, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

It will be the same as it was the last time you attend an assessment. You'll need to verify what you wrote on the form as well as answer additional questions about how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.

Once the assessment has been complete they will write a report and return it to DWP. A decision maker will look at the report and evidence and make a decision based on the recommendations in that report. From that you'll either be placed into the WRAG, Support Group or be found fit for work. If you're found fit for work your money will stop. You then have 1 month from that date to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR)

Once you've been to the assessment, wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Hannahbutt1993 and welcome to the community. I hope Poppy has been able to answer all of your questions regarding your ESA review but if there's anything you're unsure of or if you need more information, please don't hesitate to ask. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Hannahbutt1993
    Hannahbutt1993 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I still don't understand why I have to have one done when nothing has changed my vision has got worse in the last 2 years so why do I have to have one im worried that the money going to stop as I have a load of debt and I'm going to be stuck 
  • poppy123456
    Most people have to attend face to face assessments, even though for most people their conditions remain the same. To have a paper based assessment is very rare.

Unfortunately, you will need to attend the assessment, failure to attend could see your ESA being stopped for failing to attend.

Try not to think of the worst that could happen, although i know that's very difficult. Hopefully everything will be fine and you'll remain in the support group. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Hannahbutt1993
    Hannahbutt1993 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Yeah I will do I know if I don't send the form in the money will get stopped and that's my own income but I'm hoping that I will get paid by 20th November 
  • poppy123456
    If you haven't sent the form back yet then you'll need to make sure it's returned by the date stated in the letter. You never know, you may not need to face to face assessment, paper based is rare but it does happen. My advice is to expect a face to face then if an appointment arrives for this then it won't be too much of a shock.

Don't forget to send evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.