copy pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

copy pip

vonnivonni
vonnivonni Community member Posts: 4 Listener

hi i got my copy of the assessors report can make head or tail of it but the last page said review in 2 years does that mean i get benefits

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to look for the dots next to the PIP descriptors and compare them against the PIP descriptors. I find the PIP self test the best way to do this because you can just copy those dots like for like into the test and it will calculate the score at the end.

I'm afraid the review advice at the back doesn't mean anything because they will give that sort of recommendation whether there's points scored or not. It doesn't mean you scored enough points for an award.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vonnivonni

yes i have dots on certain ones iadded them up for mobility it was 10 and the living one was 9

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    That will mean the recommendation is standard rate for both parts. You will still need to wait for the decision but it's rare for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vonnivonni

ok i will wait

i ask for copy Friday afternoon came Monday morning hopefully i don't wait long

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It could still take at least 6 weeks maybe longer depends how busy they are, but as poppy123456 says the DM usually goes with the recommended decision.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• vonnivonni
    ok thankyou keep you informed when i get result
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @vonnivonni. Great news that the assessment report came so quickly! As has been mentioned, it sounds like your assessor has recommended you receive standard rate in both daily living and mobility. 
    Hopefully it doesn't take too long for it to go to the DM and you hear back soon. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.