Pip pensioners ongoing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip pensioners ongoing

poppy7
poppy7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Has anyone who is a pensioner had a letter yet about their pip being extended to an ongoing award for 10 years

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I'm interested in this also.
    So please let us know if anyone has answers 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited November 2019
    I hit pension age in january 2021 , just a couple of weeks ago i was awarded PIP for ten years . I read on various news sites that pensioners would not be recalled for assessment but i have yet to read this on any  government site. I suppose it would all depend on which party get to lead the country , each party has its own policy and going by recent past events i will be sure to read every party manifesto . I hope the recent past makes us all think twice about who we vote for ....but as one of the ' turkey's ' i will not be voting for christmas.
  • DavidJ
    DavidJ Community member Posts: 55 Pioneering
    I must admit this has triggered an alarm bell with me !
    I was unfortunately born 6 months before the cut of date for the change from DLA to PIP . They took that long to sort it out I was 67 before they got around to me ! You can imagine the stress and the worry . I was one of the fortunate ones and changed from DLA to PIP .
    I will have to go through my paperwork but my little grey   cells didn’t pick up on TEN years . I will check .PS I hit 71 today !!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    It was my understanding that PIP would only continue after retirement age if you already have an award. I haven't seen anything about assessments after reaching such an age. My retirement date is 3-4 years from now and I am due an assessmet before then so I don't yet have any idea what is going to happen except the obvious worry that they will pull it just before I reach retirement age and refuse to let me have it back.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Surely the 10 year award would only apply to certain conditions and not every person over pension age?
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I will have to go through my paperwork but my little grey   cells didn’t pick up on TEN years . I will check .PS I hit 71 today !!
    Happy birthday for yesterday!
  • poppy7
    poppy7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I had my letter yesterday. My award was due to run out November 2020. Letter says no review and renewed my award until 2027. The 10 year ongoing award for pensioners runs from the start date of your last award.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Thanks for the info
  • NannySue
    NannySue Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    I receive my state pension in 2022 and have just had an award renewed until 2024 I wonder if this will apply to me, although it does sound too good to be true that the award will be extended for another 6 years without a review? Can anyone clarify this please?
  • zoomie
    zoomie Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    poppy7 said:
    I had my letter yesterday. My award was due to run out November 2020. Letter says no review and renewed my award until 2027. The 10 year ongoing award for pensioners runs from the start date of your last award.
    Does it say in the letter it has no end date? Or does it say they will look at it again in 2027?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I created a thread for you about this here @zoomie :) It looks as though chiarieds has cleared this up for you, is that right? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I put in for a change of circumstances last September and my award stay the same, after doing an MR my daily living was awarded to enhanced for both.,I retired in March and my new award was an on going award I suppose it was close to retirement date the reason this was awarded.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.