Pip tribunal 2019 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• nay1993
    nay1993 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    I have just spoken to them they have just told me the same thing really that it can take weeks and they also said that we basically have to wait the 28days because like we can appeal them and have done they have the option to do the same with us and have 28 days. So I’m going to give them a call at the end of the month if ive not heard anything. 
  • nay1993
    Options
    I will keep you updated 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP do have the same rights we do to appeal the decision but before they can do this they must request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and they have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this. Once they receive this they must find an error in law before they can appeal the decision. Requesting the statement of reasons doesn't mean they are appealing the decision. They sometimes request this but rarely appeal it. If it's requested it will delay paying backdated money and they will contact you if it's requested.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nay1993
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @KelMarie I finally got an update today I called them and they said they needed to ask me a few questions to speed up the process so I didn’t have to wait for the questions in the post. They asked me the same as they asked you about stays in hospital\prison etc  and asked for my bank details and said a decision would be  out in the post within 2/3 weeks 

Have you had a letter from them yet?
  • KelMarie
    KelMarie Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    Hi nay1993 sorry only just seen this message I rung them again yesterday & I was told my back payment would be in my account on the 19th November then I'll get my first payment on the 27th November then every 4 weeks from then on hope you got your soon too
    Kel
  • nay1993
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Well that’s great news! There has been nothing back from them yet with my claim. They said to expect a letter out in the post in the next 2/3weeks last week with a decision on appeal or payments. Have they waited the full 28days with your claim? 

@KelMarie
  • nay1993
    Options
    @KelMarie finally my payments have been processed and will take 5 working days. 

• KelMarie
    KelMarie Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    About the same here said it would be in my bank on Tuesday which also happens to to my birthday lol
  • nay1993
    Options
    It will have arrived just in time then! happy birthday for Monday! 
    x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.