Advice on similar cases? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on similar cases?

Soond777
Soond777 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all, I've had MS or 26yrs, and am not yet in a wheelchair. I had finally been granted DLA for life; 10 yrs ago, but have not scored enough pts on my PIP to keep my Mobility car.  In 7 days time I have my tribunal to fight for 2 more points on Mobility, and I'm bricking it!!

Does anyone know how I can find similar court cases so I know roughly how I'll be questioned please?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Soond777 and a very warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here. I'm sorry to hear about the points for PIP. Here is some information about what happens during a tribunal, but I hope other members will be able to share their experiences with you.

I wish you the best of luck and please do let us know how you get on!
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No one can tell you what questions you'll be asked during your hearing because no one knows anything about your case or how your conditions affect you. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis so you can't compare anyone else to yourself.

Are you taking someone with you on the day? this can often help with any anxiety you maybe feeling.

Just so that you're aware sometimes they can't make a decision on the day and they will write to you within a few days. This doesn't mean anything other than a decision couldn't be made on the day. Lots of people are successfully awarded even when they don't receive a decision on the day. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @Soond777,

Welcome to the community.

There is a website called pipinfo. This is a guide to PIP regulations and case law.

It might be useful to have a look through to see if there is anything that relates to your situation.

Good luck with your tribunal!
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Soond777 said:
    Hello all, I've had MS or 26yrs, and am not yet in a wheelchair. I had finally been granted DLA for life; 10 yrs ago, but have not scored enough pts on my PIP to keep my Mobility car.  In 7 days time I have my tribunal to fight for 2 more points on Mobility, and I'm bricking it!!

Does anyone know how I can find similar court cases so I know roughly how I'll be questioned please?

Hi, I know some folk with MS...I was wrongly diagnosed with it for 7 years...PPMS..It turned out not to be MS, but it presented in a very typical way.
     It took my mobility totally within 3 years.

Do you have difficulty walking? I guess you do to have got some points. If so, perhaps that is a point to appeal on. I hope you get the extra points on MR. x
  • M_Eandme
    M_Eandme Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    @Soond777 i went to tribunal last year like you i was so anxious and scared especially after some stories i had heard, i had 3 lovely caring and sympathetic ladys who turned my 6 points to 18, i never had decision on the day as they were running late but decision by post 2 days later, i have ME, they only asked me questions relating to the evidence i had given, take someone with you, i took a support worker who was allowed to speak at the end. Good luck:)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.