11 weeks since providing evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

11 weeks since providing evidence

suzy_sugar2005
suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
11 weeks my claim for the premium on my UC has been going on now. How long does the process usually take?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Can you give more information please because there's no disability premiums payable when claiming UC or are you talking about the LCWRA element?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Yes that element. My claim started on 19/8/19
  • poppy123456
    Are you sending in fit notes? Have you been sent a work capability assessment form to fill in and return? If you haven't then you will need to speak to your case manager who will refer you for the work capability assessment and then the form will be sent to you.

Or have you been sent the form and had a face to face assessment?

Sorry but without all the information it's difficult to advise further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Oh yes I'm just awaiting a decision now. I attended my assessment with my support worker. Kept sending fit notes as requested by them via my journal 
  • poppy123456
    Thanks for the information. There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. You can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Hopefully not too much longer. Once the decision is made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    I did ask for it but got told I can not have it until a decision has been made. 
  • suzy_sugar2005
    I got my decision today. But I'm wondering if it will be this month or next I will recieve my first payment. I handed in my evidence on the 19th august and my assesment period starts on that day
  • poppy123456
    If the decision was LCWRA then my calculation is you'll receive your first LCWRA payment in December. This is because there's a 3 month waiting period, which means LCWRA amount starts from this date but because UC us paid in arrears you won't receive payment until December.
  • suzy_sugar2005
  • suzy_sugar2005
    Hi poppy123456 
    I called today and was told that I have been awarded it from july 25th which is when my first fit not is dated from. I'm a bit confused now as to when it should be applied. 
  • poppy123456
    Depending on when you assessment period is. You need to count 4 full assessment periods from that date. Potentially it will be this month.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.