10 weeks since face to face assessment still no decision... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

10 weeks since face to face assessment still no decision...

Janers
Janers Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi i was wondering if anyone in northern ireland had a similar experience with claiming PIP. I claimed 3rd july 2019 f2f assessment was 15th aug 10 weeks ago. I had a letter telling me they had all info they needed and would be in touch with decision 7 weeks ago. Nothing. Then another letter saying the same thing 3 weeks ago. I have rung PIP and was advised they requested further evidence from my gp after receiving my assessment report back and it's with case manager. My assessment report only scored me 6 points on daily living and nothing on mobility although she stated I was very unsteady and had to hold on to the wall when walking and that she didnt ask me to perform the musculoskeletal part of the assessment as I wasnt in for state. I was really just curious if this seems positive that they were going to score me higher than the 6 points on assessors report as they contacted my gp after receiving the assessment report? It seems pointless to contact gp after receiving a report scoring me only 6 points as if they were going to go with that they wouldve just refused me if u know what I mean?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Janers, hello and welcome, the DWP may need to contact your GP to get more information or to comfirm your condition and or abilities reference to your mobility issues, so wait and see what the award notification letter states and if you are not happy you can request a MR within 30 days, best to phone then follow up with a letter. If you go ahead with an MR focus on the descriptiors that you think you should have received points. 
  • Janers
    Hi @wilko thankyou for ur reply
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Janers! How are you doing?
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, this waiting game drives you up the wall, doesn't it?
    I had my f2f on 3rd Oct and had a letter last week saying they had all the information they needed to make a decision.
    It seems odd that you had the same letter, yet later they asked for info from your GP...???

Scope advisers said they rarely ask for extra info from your GP. So there must`ve felt they did need more for your case.

I`ve not asked for a copy of my assessment as I know it wont do me any good....I was in a terrible state a couple of weeks back and I needed to calm down, which I have done. Seeing the assessors report is pointless to my way of thinking, as you still need to wait for a decision letter.

We have a month to put in an MR, so I feel that is time enough to get all worked up again.

Your needing to hold onto a wall to keep upright, surely gives you the need for some points in the mobility section.

Will you do a MR?
  • Janers
    @pollyanna1052 hiya! Yes I will definitely do an MR but as u say it's the waiting that drives u mad! I thought it strange that I got a letter saying they had all the info they needed and then asked GP for info....I rang yesterday....still no decision. I was told that they sent the GP info back to capita for a supplementary medical report and that they received this back on 26th oct and it is with a case manager now so who knows what the outcome will be ????
  • stratos
    stratos Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    @Janers Hi, I'm in the complete same situation as yourself. They requested a further GP report. I have spoken with surgery and this has been done and sent back to DWP. From reading your posts it looks like this is then sent back to IAS. Ahhhh more waiting. Good luck with your outcome.
  • Janers
    Yes it was capita that did my f2f assessment it was sent to them and a supplementary medical report was sent from capita back to PiP case manager so another waiting game. Good luck to u 2!!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    I really hope it isn't much longer @Janers!
    Scope

• Janers
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope they said it came back to case manager 26th oct so 3 weeks now, 18 weeks since first application ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    That must be so frustrating @Janers! I hope you have a lovely day today.. :) 
    Scope

• Janers
    Very frustrating! Thankyou u too!
  • Janers
    So I received a letter from PIP yesterday, "we now have all the info we need to make a decision" this is the THIRD letter saying the same thing that I have received  surely I should be getting a decision soon!
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hope so @Janers! Please do let us know how you get on. :)

Did you have a good weekend?
    Scope

• Janers
    I will 100% keep u updated! Feel like I'm going stir crazy all this waiting x my weekend wasnt great, was on the sofa for the most part zero energry and light headed and tinnitus all weekend ? better day today ?. How was ur weekend?
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm not surprised @Janers! I had a good weekend thank you. How has your week been? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.