I feel alone every day of my life - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel alone every day of my life

Comments

• mike62
    mike62 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Aw three weeks is a very short time indeed when you lost her. Its clear from the photo that you loved her very much and she was very well looked after. Its totally understandable for you to feel the way you do.
    I'm sure people on this thread feel for you as well and are happy to read your thoughts you write.
    You gave her happiness all those years.
    Maybe you have a few more photos we could see.
    Take care @millie72
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @millie72 The photos you've posted of Millie and her bear are lovely. She looks like she was a right character! She obviously loved her bear ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Millie, what lovely photos you have of your little Millie; I'm sure you'll treasure them. I didn't realise how recently you'd lost her; it must be so hard.
    Well, I did a little bit of tidying up in the garden yesterday, & picked up leaves today, but rain stopped play both days. Did you manage to get outside?
    I was wondering what sort of things you like to do. I enjoy reading....I've always been a bookworm! I find it helps distract me from pain. What about you, do you read, enjoy watching TV, or have some hobbies?
    Speak to you again, love from Gail, x
  • millie72
    millie72 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Hi gail love being in the garden , i to have been tidying up the leaves, i feel so at peace,  toughting the earth, being a taurus sign , we love the earth , might put a sola pond in the garden in summer, to remind me of millie, and put her favourite, garden chair next to it  , so might come and visit me ,  from spirit  , ill put one of her favourite treats there just in case ,xxx
  • chiarieds
    Yes, I think being in the garden is one of the best places to be. I love your idea for the solar pond, a lovely place to remember your Millie, & something to look forward to doing. I'm glad you've been out today tidying up the leaves too, Gail, x
  • chiarieds
    Hi Millie, I hope you've had a good day. Just want you know how lovely it is getting to know you a little & I look forward to hearing from you each night. Perhaps you have managed to get out in your garden today; I hope so, as it obviously matters to you too.
    Please know you are a valued member of this community, & there will always be someone willing to listen whenever you want..
    I hold you in my thoughts each night, Gail, x
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Millie, not been a bad day for tidying the garden....so I told hubby what needed doing! Haha!
    All my garden ornaments have been put away for the winter.

I love them, I have a caravan, a pub, a watering can and some meerkats

I got the rock painting bug this summer and did loads. I
    gave a lot away and kept some for the garden.
    Here`s a picture of some
  • chiarieds
    Hi Millie, How are you? I'm sorry I wrote too late last night & missed you. Pollyanna's painted rocks are great, don't you think? You didn't say if you have any hobbies or interests, or perhaps something you might look into. Well, other than gardening, which is so good. Sending my best wishes, as always to you, Gail, x
  • millie72
    Hi my love hope u are keeping wel i loved the rock,s , im going to paint some , and put in millie,s sun garden , that i did for her , after her passing , they look very colourful , and pretty and  i no millie will visit her sun garden when the weather get,s warmer ,  best wisher,s ,xxx
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hello, @millie72,

I am writing on a Kindle, very slow, so I will just say that I do understand how you must feel.

I am 73, have significant disability and have all family and my health and mobility. I was struck by your post because I have been alone most of the tome...not by choice...and was thinking goes do we cope with loss?

I do have home health workers who help with housework and going to market, but that is only 2 - 4 hours a day.

Can you get some help with depression?

I am glad to see all the posts in answer to your post.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cracker, how are you doing today?

Sounds like things can get very lonely. I was wondering if you have ever spoken to a GP about feeling depressed?
    Scope

• chiarieds
    Hi Millie, I really like the painted rocks that Pollyanna has done. I'm going to ask her what sort of paint she uses, as I think I'd like to try this too. I live close to a river, so will ask my son to try & get some good stones for me when the water level goes down. Those you will do will look great in your little Millie's sun garden; I'm sure she will be there for you both.
    I hope you've had a good day; thinking about you, as I do each evening, love from Gail, x
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cracker   How are you?  Been awhile last time we spoke.

Always here for a chat either here or if you wish to can PM on the messaging service.

A good place to talk and be supportive, just a thought.

Always a listening ear.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    Thankyou for the lovely comments on my rocks. I use Posca pens. It is easier for me to manage paint in a pen, rather than use actual paint, a brush and water. I`d make  right mess!

Also with using paint pens, they dry very quickly and you can stop and start just as you like. But always put the cap back on the pen or they dry out.

• chiarieds
    Hi Millie, how has your day been? I'm going to look into the pens Pollyanna has mentioned. My eldest granddaughter (17 years old) is at college studying art, & has also used coloured pens for many years...(her favourite medium)!
    How are you feeling....are your legs feeling a little stronger as it seems like you are going outside into your garden more? Sending this with my best wishes as always, love from Gail, x
  • millie72
    My legs feel a lot more stable, and if i could just get the confidence to , to leave the house with out feeling anxious, i no i have been able to achieve a little , hope u are well my love , i think we are all going to be painting rock,s for summer, lol, take great care , will speak again soon ,.xx
  • chiarieds
    Millie, you are doing amazingly well just in being going out into your garden, & I'm so pleased to read this. It may take time to leave your house without feeling anxious, but I feel you'll get there when you feel able. I'm much better than in previous days, thank you. I have problems that are not going to improve, so hearing from such a lovely person as yourself that may fare better actually helps me. Yes, rock painting sounds like something we can enjoy, & share, Gail, x
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @millie72   How are you doing and coping. Great to see other members giving their support, time and love for you.

I wanted to add did you ever look at any of the links I provided. Is there anything we can help with.?

I was thinking of AGEUK this might be useful.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk.

Just a thought does help. I used them myself last year. I am middle fifties and needed some guidance and they helped me. Is that possible to have a look see how they can help you.

Plus the concerns and care I have for members who are struggling. I want yo to understand please ask my self for any support or advice or guidance. As many of the members have offered a lot to help too.

One of my concerns is there is help out there as I know my self. Must share there are any difficult days.

These organisations will give you support  give some self esteem and confidence to try to cope and move on.

I know it is hard and small steps every day. I hope you take a look if there anything you need. Want a chat need to ask me anything please do so.

As part of the Community Champions team and lot of compassion and empathy for those who are lonely .

As I am this myself but use this forum for the love, kindness and support from my friends and members on here this forum.

Wishing you well keep safe and warm .

Always in prayers.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    So lovely to see the support on this thread. I hope you all have a lovely day. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    chiarieds said:
    Hi Millie, how has your day been? I'm going to look into the pens Pollyanna has mentioned. My eldest granddaughter (17 years old) is at college studying art, & has also used coloured pens for many years...(her favourite medium)!
    How are you feeling....are your legs feeling a little stronger as it seems like you are going outside into your garden more? Sending this with my best wishes as always, love from Gail, x

Hi Posca pens can be bought at The Range. I got most of mine from ebay. They aren`t cheap, but they are the best and are very long lasting.

Brightness