Confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused

Pinkcandy777
Pinkcandy777 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi recently been put in support group. No face to face assessment. They had ample evidence my mental health disorders. But the letter hasn't stated how long am on it? Please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That's great news! The ESA awards letters never state a timescale. This is because ESA support group is an ongoing award BUT they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

You can ring ESA and ask approximately how long until your next reassessment but as advised, this is only ever a guide because of the 3 month rule. Personally, i never ring to ask how long because i know it makes no different. Some go over that time and some are contacted before that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pinkcandy777
    Ty how can it be ongoing if thyre going 2 Harrass people
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It's always classed as ongoing. I can't answer the question about harassment sorry because i've been claiming ESA since 2013, been assessed 3 times but never had any problems remaining in the support group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pinkcandy777
  • Birdsnbees
    Birdsnbees Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
    It's the way esa is done they don't award the same as pip for a set period of time it is as poppy says
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Pinkcandy777, great news about the ESA! If you have any further questions then please do let us know! :)
    Scope

• Pinkcandy777

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.