Hi, my name is JoanC! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JoanC!

Options
JoanC
JoanC Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hello Members....
i can not tell you how happy I feel at this moment!, finding this group!
My journey to where I am now started in 2014.. and I have only recently been diagnosed with degenerative Spinal Stenosis, C Spine, C6 Foraminal Stenosis and degenerative disc at L5/S1?
it all started when I woke up one day, with my left side of the hip and side feeling numb and tingling, also my left arm and left leg... After much medical investigation I have been given this diagnosis but with the years since it presented itself I have had  mainly neurological tests and as time has gone on, has worsened considerably, the Stenosis now affects my right side too. The burning pain, tingling, numbness (which is constant) has has progressively worsened, I have problems with my mobility and need a walking aide, the burning pain keeps me awake most nights too.
So, to try and keep my long story short, I am so pleased to find other people out there who have the same problems and will understand what this FS is all about.

i will look forward look forward to hearing about other people’s condition and finding out if what, if anything has/is helping them.
Thank You 
Joan

Comments

• snugglepuss
    snugglepuss Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi I have just joined too, I have a degenerative disease of my spine & am also in a lot of pain really gets me down sometimes but hey ho there are a lot of peeps worse off than me. ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @JoanC, we're really glad to have you here with us! Lots of our members have discussed having spinal stenosis and I'm sure many more will be able to relate to some of your experiences. 

Please jump in and get involved in the discussions around the community and if you need any help naviating (or with anything else!) just let me know. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JoanC and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Sorry to hear of your health struggles, but so glad that you have found us and are finding us helpful so far.  We are a friendly bunch and I'm sure you will get lots of support here along with friendship too.  I look forward to seeing you on the Community and hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything you need help with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • JoanC
    Options
    Hi Ails,
    Thanks for having me.
     I’m looking forward to chatting with people here, who have the same or similar pain & mobility problems.
    At last I know it’s not just me.
    Joan ? 
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Options
    @JoanC

Hi and welcome, make yourself at home  :)

I don't have the same conditions as yourself but I do have mobility problems and pain. 
    Many of us do on here so you're in the right place  :)

Look forward to seeing you around the forum. x
  • paffuto10
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Don't know why we're all putting smiley faces when we're in pain!!! 

Is it the painkillers we're all on?  :D  :p
  • paffuto10
    Options
    Hi and welcome to @snugglepuss too  :)

Nice to meet you 
  • JoanC
    Options
    paffuto10 said:
    @JoanC

Hi and welcome, make yourself at home  :)

I don't have the same conditions as yourself but I do have mobility problems and pain. 
    Many of us do on here so you're in the right place  :)

Look forward to seeing you around the forum. x

• JoanC
    Options
    I hear what you’re saying, but for me it’s just knowing there are others out there with the same or similar problems and know I’m not going nuts..
    and it’s seems lots of useful things /tips to be shared too .
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @JoanC  welcome to the community.

Brightness