Difficult times - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Difficult times

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,184 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @paffuto10 i'm so sorry, i didn't see that tag. I should look at who's tagged me but i forget to do that and often miss those tags  :(

@lisaann76 I noticed that you're receiving £900 less for UC. As you're now claiming with your partner as a couple, then it will depend on his earnings as to how much UC you're entitled to.

May i ask what elements of UC you're receiving please? Do you also claim PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care? Do you work at all?

Do you claim DLA for any of your children? and are they all in full time education?

Sorry for the questions but i can't help you further without knowing more details.

If you don't want to give that information, i'll completely understand but you'll need to speak to an advice agency near you for a full benefits check.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lisaann76
    lisaann76 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    I get dla for me but use half of it for my mobility car.
    My 2 boys get dla and I'm in the prosess of getting it for my daughter as thay all have autism. 
    I'm on esa as I've not worked for about 10 years due to my ms.
    My partner works but he isnt on a big wage so we get money from UC
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks for that but more information is needed, sorry.

Do you claim mid/high rate care at all?

What DLA award do you claim for 2 of your children?

You say you're claiming ESA but you're claiming UC, are you claiming Contributions based ESA? if so then you must be in the support group, is that correct?

If you're not claiming contributions based ESA then you can't be claiming ESA because you're claiming UC. Do you receive the LCWRA element of UC?

Please check your UC journal to see exactly what elements you're receiving because i can't help any further without know those details. If you don't want to disclose that on the forum then please get some further advice from an agency near you. It maybe possible that you're not receiving all the correct elements of UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Options
    @poppy123456

that's ok, didn't know if I needed to do something else  :)

Thanks for helping x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You could also put all your details (and partners) into this benefits calculator and it will tell you what you should be claiming. Do be aware though that they are only correct if the information you put in is correct.

• lisaann76
    Options
    My partner works fulltime but all the money he earns goes on care for me and kids.
    If he didnt work we would be better off coz we would get our rent and council tax paied
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I wouldn't say you would be better off if he didn't work. If you don't answer my questions then i'm afraid i can't help you any further.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lisaann76, how are you getting on?
    Scope

• lisaann76
    Options
    Well my m.s is still the same but I did manage to get school trainsport for my daughter pending her echp .
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear the progress about your daughters transport! I hope this really helps @lisaann76. :)

I hope the EHCP process goes smoothly.
    Scope

Brightness