Tomorrow interview -- overreaching? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tomorrow interview -- overreaching?

2»

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Does anyone still get paper bank statements?  Don't remember the last time I got one, all done on a phone app nowadays, and laptop for a few years before that, no idea how I'd get statements if I needed to provide them!  :o
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Does anyone still get paper bank statements?  Don't remember the last time I got one, all done on a phone app nowadays, and laptop for a few years before that, no idea how I'd get statements if I needed to provide them!  :o
    Change your settings on your online banking to request paper statements.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarianneDown
    MarianneDown Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Overly and Poppy.

I am paperless. I simply logged on to the bank, downloaded my statement as PDF and printed it out.

Well, I went and it was nothing.

They didn't ask for anything but my passport to prove ID.

Not interested in my savings at all.

Just told me not to work more than 16 hours a week or earn more than £130pw. I already knew that.

What was the point of all that then? It's a mystery to me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to be paperless too but this isn't always convenient, especially for those who don't have access to a printer. I do have a printer but the cost of the ink isn't cheap. For this reason i changed to receiving the paper copies, this way if i need them for anything i easily have them to hand.

Glad the interview was nothing to worry about, as advised it was most likely a complete random check, which they do sometimes do and the letter you sent was most likely a automatically generated standard letter, which happened to ask for the evidence it asked for. Letters from DWP very often make no sense at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarianneDown
    Poppy. I'm a bit chagrined about the list of things they asked for in the letter, causing me to have to rummage through file boxes to find letters and statements, as well as having to print off my bank statements and all my savings and investments, only to find they didn't actually want or need any of them.

She was awfully sweet and friendly. I wondered if she was a "smiling assassin".
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @MarianneDown. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have been anything to worry about. Did they say whether they would be in touch again? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • MarianneDown
    Thanks Adrian. No, that was the end of it.

For now...
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.