Pip report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report

Roger2178
Roger2178 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi I have just recieved my Asessors report which is 75% false and I am so worries what the future holds for me.
I have 2 degenerated discs which causing me daily pain and my mobiltiy is limited and on bad days my partner helps me with daily tasks.
I'm on strong meds have provided my MRI scan report to dwp.
I am waiting for my decision letter yet but want to know if my Assessor has stated I'm fit enough to run a marathon will dwp make their own decision 
Please someone advice and I am dreading this process

Comments

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @Roger2178,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time!

I really hope you get a positive outcome to your claim, but if not you have one month to ask for the decision to be looked at again. This is called a Mandatory Consideration.

If the decision is not changed at this point then you can take it to appeal.

I hope you don't need us, but if you need further help we have useful information on the Scope  website about challenging PIP decisions.

You could also ring our free Helpline on 0808 800 3333 and one of our advisers will talk you through the process.

There are also people on the Community who I am sure will be able to advise you along the way.

Let us know how you get on.  :)

Joanne 
    Scope
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, the DWP mostly go with the assessment report recommendations. As you have the report you can work out what your award may should be and if you need to submit an MR you have time to get evidence to support the descriptors which you think you should have been awarded points. Remain focused on the descriptors and not the lies false reporting of the acessor as the DWP are not interested, nor will a tribuneral should you require to take your claim to this stage.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Use this PIP self test to add up what score, if any is recommended. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Usually they go with the report. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Roger2178
    Thank you for your feed back poppy and wilko..it is so frustrating  knowing how they lied on the report I'm sure they will score me 0 points for everything I am going to challenge it and I will be in touch...thanks 
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Have you added up those points in the report? You need to look for the dots towards the back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Roger2178
    The report just says he does not need no help with Dla component  or pip so I'm expecting a 0 score when they make the final decision as for doing the online test I scored myself higher rate for dla and mobility lower rate 
  • poppy123456
    DLA component? I'm assuming you mean PIP daily living? Have you looked for the dots in the report? if so are all the A boxes ticked?
  • Roger2178
    Sorry poppy yes I mean pip  and all the A boxes are ticked that's why I'm assuming they scoring me 0 points ?
  • Roger2178
    Should get my letter within 2 weeks I'm so dreading  it and the confusion with all this my wife is being positive that dwp may see the medical MRI scan report and maybe award something 
  • poppy123456
    It's rare for them to go against the report but it can happen, just not often i'm afraid.

Did you send any other evidence other than the MRI scan report? Is this a first time claim or a review or a transfer from DLA?

It's really does help to have some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean. The PIP self test can be very misleading, especially if you don't understand the criteria because it's so easy to score yourself points but it may not be possible to score as many points as you think.

Just so you're aware, there's no timescales for any decision so it's possible that you could be waiting longer than those expected 2 weeks.

• Roger2178
    This was my first time applying and I did send in my medical  report and referral  letter to state I'm on the waiting list for steroid injections.
    I am going to challenge  it all the way because I know how bad I can get 
    The assessment  was just full of false lies by the assessor.
    I'm doing my full research and will be challenging them 

• poppy123456
    Future appointment letters are not classed as evidence because it doesn't tell them anything about your condition.

Have a read of that link i posted above, it has pretty much all the information you need. When writing the MR request letter you should avoid mentions any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

Point out where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Most MR decisions remain the same and waiting lists for Tribunal hearings are huge. Most people are waiting a year for a date, appearing in person is your best chance of a decision in your favour.

You will of course need to wait for the decision before requesting the MR, once it's made you'll have 1 month.

• Roger2178
    Will do thanks for all your help and responses to my messages once I get my letter will contact you ??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.